Help Needed for Windows Desktop Compiler Error

epsharp

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Everyone,

I have a running program (over 4 years 24/7) that I modify from time to time. This time, I added a single line and when compiling, got the attached error. I removed the line and still got the error. I have been using B4P since 2008 and have never seen this before.

I have checked every module and there none of them contain a "Form1" and I am at a complete loss???

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Regards

Ed Sharp

NB. The program is VERY large, uses a lot of my own DLL's and does extensive MySql table modifications so I haven't included it. If necessary, I can create a .zip and upload, but I am hoping it is something simple (and foolish) that I inadvertently did.

Attachments

• B4P_Err.txt
    6.2 KB · Views: 225

epsharp

Licensed User
Longtime User
Please create a zip with all the files required for compilation (not running) and send it to [email protected].

Hello Erel,

While waiting for a reply, I tried deleting Modules one at a time then trying to compile. Since I try to keep my modules self-sufficient, I only had to delete the module call somewhere in the system. Fifth time lucky, the problem program compiled without any errors.

The module in question is used in many different programs and is my own Email Routine (allows operators to email price lists, invoice copies, etc by queuing the info in a database table). Another program runs 24/7 and using a timer checks for email every five minutes and, when found, sends them every minute. This Sender program also uses the same common module. Several days ago, I made a modification to this program (in the MAIN) to display an error message; I also added "main.Email_Display" to the common module (foolish) and this sub_routine is not in my problem program.

When I RELOADED the module, leaving everything intact, I immediately got a normal compile warning that "main.Email_Display Control, etc" did not exist. Remove that single line and the program compiled error free. Before I did the above, I had made a copy of the originals. When I tried to compile the copy, I immediately got the Unhandled Error. When I removed the module then reloaded it, I got the normal compiler warning. Weird!! Since this module is everywhere, it is set to hidden just to get it out of the way. Back to the copy, I clicked the "hidden" module to "un-hide" it, tried the compile and got the normal compiler warning. I suspect the whole problem relates to "Hide this module".

I can upload the copy if you want to see this in action.

Thank you again for your speedy reply. By the way, in 2009 I asked if you intended to support Android and you replied no. Since I stayed with Windows (and you didn't ;) ), I can now ask "Do you intend to support Windows 8?"

Regards,

Ed Sharp

mjcoon

Licensed User
... I can now ask "Do you intend to support Windows 8?"

Can I guess you mean "Windows Phone/Mobile 8"? Because that has been answered by Erel in the negative recently in another thread.

I'm using Windows (non-mobile) 8.1 (as I also mentioned recently) and that is just as good with B4PPC-desktop as it was with XP...

Mike.

epsharp

Licensed User
Longtime User
As @mjcoon wrote you should clarify which OS you are referring to. Both B4J and Basic4ppc support Windows 8.1.
My apologies to all. My question to Erel was written tongue-in-cheek and did refer to mobile. I have been using B4PPC exclusively for the past five years in a Windows Desktop environment know that it works perfectly in all versions of Windows, Windows Terminal Server and W8 Tablets, all of which I use. But Erel DID post in 2009 that he wouldn't support Android, just as he recently did regarding Windows 8 mobile; hence my little dig!

What is refreshing is to know that there are others, like myself, that think B4PPC is a great programming tool for Windows desktop. I have many C# libraries that I have written for desktop including MySql support, DataGridView with full Grid-to-Printer support, and a Report Module that works along the lines of {PRINT USING "### /.........../; ACCOUNT, NAME} as used in early CBASIC and QBASIC and generates .RTF files. If anyone would like a copy, please let me know.

Thanks again for your replies.

Regards

Ed Sharp