Bug? Problem using Source Control

Topwiz

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am using a source control system I wrote myself. The default process that my system and many others follow is that all files are set to read-only and that you perform a check-out before making changes. The check-out action turns off the read-only flag and gets the latest version from the repository. Then the check-in process sets the read-only flag back on.

I performed a check-out on my .b4a file and changed some code. When i attempted to compile, it gets the following error message:

Access to the path 'C:\Users\rsmith\Documents\Android\TestApp\Files\main.bal' is denied.

I manually turned off the read-only flag and now the compile works. The main.bal file is unchanged by the compile process.

The bug here is that the compile process is opening source files in update mode when it only needs them in read mode.

Another issue is when the IDE attempts to save a b4a file that is read-only, it gives a message that indicates the file may be corrupt. If a source file is read-only, it should realize that is the issue and give a nicer message. An option to save anyway or with a different name would be a nice to have.