iOS Question B4i beta to be released next week

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
The very first beta version of B4i will hopefully be released next week :)

B4i will produce native iOS applications running on iOS 7+.

The IDE is similar to B4A / B4J IDEs, which means that it is a Windows program.

In order to develop with B4i you need:
- One or more real devices (iPhone or iPad) running iOS 7+.
- Register as an Apple developer. It costs $99 per year.
- A network connected Mac computer. We will also offer a Mac builder rental service which you can use instead of a local Mac computer.

We are looking for beta testers to help us.

You need to have a real device and register as an Apple developer in order to test it.
Please send me an email to [email protected] if you want to join the beta testers group.

Theera

Licensed User
Longtime User
If each the expert have no Apple computer,many B4A Expert's libraries will be not converted to be B4i's libraries.:(

Upvote 0

tpakis

Licensed User
Longtime User
I believe that a vm running mac os from windows would do the trick and we won't have to buy a new mac computer. That's how i currently use xcode

Upvote 0

Theera

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi tpakis,
Do you reveal more details to use xcode on windows? Will I should make the computer to be Hackintosh?

Upvote 0

LWGShane

Licensed User
Longtime User
Apple has just released new Mac Mini devices.
Just wondering would the 1.4GHz Mac mini model be powerful enough for B4i ?

1.4GHz dual-core Intel Core i5
4GB memory
500GB hard drive1
Intel HD Graphics 5000
OS X Yosemite

I'd recommend bumping up to the 2.6GHz. I ordered my second tier model and added a 256GB flash drive. Total was $899 ($973.17 including tax)

Without the flash drive, it costs $699.

Upvote 0

aaronk

Licensed User
Longtime User
Where I am from, it cost Approx. US$760 for the 2.6GHz version.

1.4GHz costs approx. US$541

As there was a price difference of approx. $200 I thought I would get the 1.4GHz model since it was cheaper.

As Erel said in the previous post: "Any Mac that runs Xcode 6 should be fine. The hardware requirements for the compilation are pretty low."
I think the 1.4GHz might be OK for what I need it for. But yes, the 2.6GHz model would be good/better as it has a little more power in the processor and double the ram, but I think I might get away with the 1.4GHz model.

Otherwise I guess I could use Erels Mac rental service, but I still rather do it on the local network since I guess it will be faster to compile then running and send code over the internet.

Upvote 0

micheleBr

Licensed User
Longtime User
Apple has just released new Mac Mini devices.
Just wondering would the 1.4GHz Mac mini model be powerful enough for B4i ?

1.4GHz dual-core Intel Core i5
4GB memory
500GB hard drive1
Intel HD Graphics 5000
OS X Yosemite
The problem of this new Mac mini is the can not be updated the Ram memory.. it is welded..

Upvote 0

netkomm

Licensed User
Longtime User
the best Mac - and the cheapest one - to use to compile apps for iOS is a Mac Mini which will nowadays come equipped with Yosemite (fantastic)
All you need is to plug in a monitor, keyboard and mouse and you are ready to go.

Since you need a device which is able to run iOS 7+ apps, even a iPhone 4S would be good as testing unit. A used one would be quite cheap nowadays.

Upvote 0

netkomm

Licensed User
Longtime User
The problem of this new Mac mini is the can not be updated the Ram memory.. it is welded..

You can still buy last year's Mac Mini (used too?)... I have it and it runs Yosemite and XCode 6.1 flawlessly

In the Mac Mini you can upgrade the RAM using common 1600 DDR3 modules (also the new model). It's only in the Macbook and iMac that the modules are welded to the motherboard

Upvote 0

maleche

Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry Erel, i might have confused the question. I ment to say, revisit Windows 8 phone devices, not PC. Thanks!

Upvote 0

ivanomonti

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel Hello, I want to know if I can be part of the beta test.

Mac user

MBP 17 - 8GB
10 x osx lion
xcode 10
paraller 8
windows 7 pro

Apple developer center, Thank

Upvote 0

tpakis

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi tpakis,
Do you reveal more details to use xcode on windows? Will I should make the computer to be Hackintosh?
No you don't need to do this. It's easy, you need vmware (either player or workstation) and a ready image of a mac with the latest mac os (search for vmware image mac os 10.9) and you are ready!

Upvote 0

Theera

Licensed User
Longtime User
1 Febuary Apple app must supported only 64 bits.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Theera

Licensed User
Longtime User
Why don't Erel make B4i for Windows?(I searched obj-C can coded in Windows,can't it?) And using ipadian for windows instead of the real ipad (iOS7). I think that we don't use apple id(can safe money $99 per year)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

little3399

Licensed User
Longtime User
Is there the B4i has no itself Logo ? It seem used B4A Logo ?
upload_2014-10-26_2-4-49.png

Upvote 0