B4i (iOS) - Updates thread

D

Deleted member 103

In your image it shows 80€ and not 80$ !
You're right, :( , but does not matter. :)

Now I bought a Mac mini + a Ipad 2 mini.

Attachments

• Mac-mini+Ipad-mini.PNG
    Mac-mini+Ipad-mini.PNG
    38.3 KB · Views: 218

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Congratulations... i have bought also a mac mini few weeks ago only for B4I... and i have allready a Ipad2, Iphone4, Iphone4S, ipod Touch and a waiting dev license :(

Last edited:

LWGShane

Licensed User
Longtime User
i have just purchased the yearly license but it says it can take up to 2 working days, why???
i want to make today an b4i app!!!

what can i do erel?

You realize that B4i isn't for sale yet, right?

You just bought Basic4Android, and you're gonna need to buy B4i when it gets released. (Ooops)

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
you misunderstood me i purchased the yearly developer license from apple for 99$ because i recieved today the beta of b4i and i wanted to try b4i but i cant do it if i have not a dev account, i didnot knew it would take any time i tought you purchase and can start developing but its not like this

LWGShane

Licensed User
Longtime User
you misunderstood me i purchased the yearly developer license from apple for 99$ because i recieved today the beta of b4i and i wanted to try b4i but i cant do it if i have not a dev account, i didnot knew it would take any time i tought you purchase and can start developing but its not like this

Thanks for explaining. (It's the language barrier)

It says it takes up to two days, but it's usually shorter than that. (They just say that so people won't call in and complain.)

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
if i enter the member center it says:

Purchase and Activate Your Membership
You still need to purchase and activate your membership to join an Apple Developer Program

is this normal?? i have purchased allready and i get an email says:

We've received your order request.

Dear ...
This is a summary of your order request, which will be processed within 2 business days.
Product:

iOS Developer Program
Payment:

99.00 USD

Best regards,

Apple Developer Program Support

LWGShane

Licensed User
Longtime User
if i enter the member center it says:

is this normal?? i have purchased allready and i get an email says:

That's normal.

Apple is basically waiting for your money to arrive before actually granting you access to a developer license.

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
We've received your order request.

Dear ...
This is a summary of your order request, which will be processed within 2 business days.
Product:

iOS Developer Program
Payment:

99.00 USD

Best regards,

Apple Developer Program Support
First time I see a receipt like this.. it never mentioned that payment was received or paid thank you, or order completed thank you.
There is no order confirmation number for your reference either..
"Best regards" is a reply to a letter and not an acknowledge of payment.

marcick

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel.
Will be possible in B4i to intercept incoming SMS (and eventually without notification) as we do in B4a ?
Somebody told me that this is not allowed by IOS.
Marco

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel.
Will be possible in B4i to intercept incoming SMS (and eventually without notification) as we do in B4a ?
Somebody told me that this is not allowed by IOS.
Marco

I doubt it. Just google for "ios intercept incoming SMS" and you will find many people confirming it is not possible. It may be possible on a jailbroken device or even an app for enterprise deployment (in the latter case there seems to be some less restrictions).

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
This company is all about marketing and attention seeking. Look how they keep people in tension before the release of any new product or version.... paid reporters publish (leaks) and (pokes) in a well-calculated manner to hold the audience in tension and expectation for a great event.. reporters leak (rumors) about the release date!! Then when the release date is announced, starts Day 100, Day 99, Day 98... and the countdown for the release with a huge hype goes on
So when they say "up to two days" to just activate your account, when this could simply be done the moment your credit card payment's completed, they just want to get your attention and remind you that you are dealing with important company.. kind of behaving you so in future you can behave yourself when you call them complaining about anything.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
BEJA, i dont think there is a better description for apple as yours
here in israel if you have a question about a product you bought from idigital (apple's sell partner) you need to make an appointment before you come to the store, they wont give you any answers only if you make appointment, ?! this is a computer store not a dentist !! such things really piss me off :mad:

BTW: no email from apple until now...

Last edited:

YIM bunchhat

Licensed User
Longtime User
@Erel hello,

I also want to use/test B4i, but I can't find link for download and I did not receive any email about this news. Whould you mind to tel mel how can got b4i?

Thank

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I also want to use/test B4i, but I can't find link for download and I did not receive any email about this news. Whould you mind to tel mel how can got b4i?
The beta testers group is now closed. I believe that the first version will be released during November.

Please don't forget about B4A
Don't worry. Most of the efforts are now going to B4i. However this is only in the short term. B4A, B4i and B4J together are much more powerful than any single tool.

Osi

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ah, that's a bummer, not all registered users got their email (like moi ;)). November isn't too far away, I suppose.

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hey @Erel 13 months you said the following and I quote:
"Currently there are no plans to create an iOS solution. The issues yttriumprovided" are real and will make the solution much more cumbersome compared to Basic4android. There are other challenges as well.

For now I prefer to focus on Android (which is the largest market), and continue to improve Basic4android."

Anyway what made you finally create B4i, what changed, I'm just being nosey?

What a difference a year makes, good luck :)

Last edited:

LWGShane

Licensed User
Longtime User
@Erel -

Just watched the video on using the visual designer, and everything looks a whole lot easier than swift/Xcode. I also love the fact that the code can be ultra-portable between B4i, B4J and B4a.