luke2012

Licensed User
Longtime User
Last edited:

thedesolatesoul

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I saw the demo. My compliments! The animation is great!

Only two things:

1) the grid is customizable in order to set it with only one item for each row (like a list) ?
2) The items (panels) can be customized changing layout and adding other child views (programmatically) ?

Very good work ! :)
1. Yes (but all the rows will be one item then)
2. Yes

I'll PM you the library and a demo so you can be sure it completely suits your needs.

luke2012

Licensed User
Longtime User
1. Yes (but all the rows will be one item then)
2. Yes

I'll PM you the library and a demo so you can be sure it completely suits your needs.

1) Yes my actually need is that all the rows will be one item.

Only two things:
The grid also handle the item ranking?
Can I have a demo (apk) where all the rows has one item ?

Thanks!

thedesolatesoul

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi @luke2012
When you initially said 'Google Keep' like sorting animation, my tunnel vision kicked in, and I visualized a gridview sorting, but looking at what you said it seems you actually just wanted listview sorting. The ULV will do sorting for you, at 1/4th the price. Have a look at what Informatix linked in the post above.

I dont know what you meant by:
A panel swipe changes the panel (visual) position and it's ranking
Are you saying swiping a panel should move it to the top or bottom of the listview?
I am not sure what you mean by ranking.
I dont have swipe built into the gridview (ULV does have it). I can probably use GestureDetector, and then do an insert/remove, to change the position.

Here is a demo with one column: http://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/drag-and-drop-gridview.46242/#post-285707

luke2012

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi @luke2012
When you initially said 'Google Keep' like sorting animation, my tunnel vision kicked in, and I visualized a gridview sorting, but looking at what you said it seems you actually just wanted listview sorting. The ULV will do sorting for you, at 1/4th the price. Have a look at what Informatix linked in the post above.

I dont know what you meant by:

Are you saying swiping a panel should move it to the top or bottom of the listview?
I am not sure what you mean by ranking.
I dont have swipe built into the gridview (ULV does have it). I can probably use GestureDetector, and then do an insert/remove, to change the position.

Here is a demo with one column: http://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/drag-and-drop-gridview.46242/#post-285707

The last demo that you posted is exactly what I mean.
I wish to try also ULV in order to make a choise.

@Informatix, can I try a demo apk of the ULV ?

thedesolatesoul

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

luke2012

Licensed User
Longtime User
There's a link in my post #64.

Google Keep is a kind of GridView where you move cells, and not rows, so I understand the confusion of TheDesolateSoul.
There's a link in my post #64.

Google Keep is a kind of GridView where you move cells, and not rows, so I understand the confusion of TheDesolateSoul.

ULV do the thing that I need and also many other interesting things.
@Informatix, I'm interesting in ULV. How much is it ?

@thedesolatesoul, thanks for your support!
I think that ULV is my solution as suggested by you.

How I can return the favour ? :)

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok, I have updated post 2.

Request for Lib:
Dropbox DATASTORE full. Only the Datastore is needed. No File up- or download. No sync of files.
Auth, Accountinfo, all Datastore-functions

Android
https://www.dropbox.com/developers/datastore/docs/android

HTTP
https://www.dropbox.com/developers/datastore/docs/http

I´m willed to pay $50 for it.

I did start with a php-solution... auth and file up- downloading work with a found php drobboxclient.
i´ve added functions to read datastore listing and datastoreinfo and datastore-snapshot. All works fine so far.

But with adding data i do have some problems and i´m not able to manage...

if needed i can upload my php-scripts i have downloaded respectively edited

keirS

Licensed User
Longtime User
Has anyone looked at wrapping the recyclerview and cardview yet? I have had a quick look but it looks like too much work for me. ULV does pretty much what I need already so it's not worth the development time. But I will throw 250EUR into the pot and see if anyone bites. It will have to support a cursor adapter which is my main issue with ULV.

Informatix

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Has anyone looked at wrapping the recyclerview and cardview yet? I have had a quick look but it looks like too much work for me. ULV does pretty much what I need already so it's not worth the development time. But I will throw 250EUR into the pot and see if anyone bites. It will have to support a cursor adapter which is my main issue with ULV.
Why do you need a CursorAdapter?

thedesolatesoul

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I've wrapped cardview. It works slightly differently from an API21 cardview in padding.

RecyclerView is different. I think there is no (default) implementation of CursorAdapter for RecyclerView.Adapter yet.
But if you want CursorAdapter you dont need RecyclerView?
Also, for CursorAdapter, when you say you want lazy loading, do you mean you want to change the Cursor and run the query in the background?

keirS

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've wrapped cardview. It works slightly differently from an API21 cardview in padding.

RecyclerView is different. I think there is no (default) implementation of CursorAdapter for RecyclerView.Adapter yet.
But if you want CursorAdapter you dont need RecyclerView?
Also, for CursorAdapter, when you say you want lazy loading, do you mean you want to change the Cursor and run the query in the background?

Lazy loading is effectively adding more records the cursor. So for example as I scroll down a ULV more results would be loading into the cursor and potentially results would be removed from the start of the cursor. Android sot of already does this using the CursorWindow. But the issue is that it only does it based for memory management purposes and not query execution speed.

Informatix

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Lazy loading is effectively adding more records the cursor.
The CursorAdapter class does not do that (it's you that initialize and pass the cursor to the class; it cannot be extended or modified in any way by the class).
In the performance demo of ULV, in the Filler sub, I load only one record in the cursor to get the best speed with the big database used (creating the cursor at the beginning with all records, as it's usually done, would be terrible for performance). I could also load only visible items in the cursor but it would need more code. Could that work for you? Note that is also possible to load all texts and images asynchronously from a database with ULV (if you want to prepare a cursor in advance).
Maybe we could discuss of this in another thread?