B4A Library Basic4android v1.90 - fix for Android v1.60

A bug was discovered related to the improved logging system that broke compatibility with Android v1.6.

In order to fix it you should unzip the attached file and copy B4AShared.jar to the internal libraries folder: c:\program files\Anywhere Software\Basic4android\Libraries

This fix should only be applied to Basic4android v1.90.

Attachments

• B4AShared.zip
    32.1 KB · Views: 395

Kevin

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you very much for the quick fix! I'll give this a try as soon as I get a chance but I have no doubt that it will fix it.

:sign0060:

mrussell014

Licensed User
Longtime User
AVD Manager will not run

I can run AVD outside of B4A where it tries to do everything there. When I run B4A release 1.90 it just flashes a black box and goes away. I down loaded B4AShared.jar to the internal libraries folder: c:\program files\Anywhere. I just went back to make sure I had done this and it is so.
:sign0085:
Mike

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
A bug was discovered related to the improved logging system that broke compatibility with Android v1.6.

Hi Erel,
Sorry to be a pain but I appear to have the very same problem.
Having updated to B4A V1.9 today I'm no longer able to use the emulator with an Android V1.6 setup. I've been using B4A V1.6 until today as I've not needed any of the new features in V1.9 and I'm a big believer of the saying "if it ain't broke, don't try and fix it". Anyhow, having tried to help out a fellow B4A user which required installing V1.9 I'm now unable to run my program for Android V1.6 :eek:

I've tried a complete shutdown and restart after loading the modified B4AShared.jar file into the libraries folder and I've updated the Java runtimes. Attached is the log file which I hope will be of some use (was unable to select and save the text so I'm afraid I've created it from screen shots and jiggled with it to meet file size limits :sign0137:).

Kind regards,
RandomCoder

Kevin

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel,
Sorry to be a pain but I appear to have the very same problem.
Having updated to B4A V1.9 today I'm no longer able to use the emulator with an Android V1.6 setup. I've been using B4A V1.6 until today as I've not needed any of the new features in V1.9 and I'm a big believer of the saying "if it ain't broke, don't try and fix it". Anyhow, having tried to help out a fellow B4A user which required installing V1.9 I'm now unable to run my program for Android V1.6 :eek:

I've tried a complete shutdown and restart after loading the modified B4AShared.jar file into the libraries folder and I've updated the Java runtimes. Attached is the log file which I hope will be of some use (was unable to select and save the text so I'm afraid I've created it from screen shots and jiggled with it to meet file size limits :sign0137:).

Kind regards,
RandomCoder

It appears you are trying to run the designer on a 1.6 emulator? If so, then the "fix" in this thread won't do anything for that. Starting with B4A 1.90, you can no longer run the designer on a 1.6 emulator. I forget what Erel recommends, but I usually use 2.2 or 2.3.

So the solution is to create a new AVD with the same "specs" you currently use for designing (resolution, etc) but with a newer Android build.

Note that you can run your apps on 1.6 (with the "fix" in this thread), just not the B4A designer app.

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for getting back to me.

I don't have the phone at the moment as it's a works phone (very low cost), which is why its running v1.6, but so long as my app will still work even after making modification to the code in B4A v1.9 then I won't be needing to roll back the update :)

I'd already worked out that the emulator could be set to a higher version for it to work.

Kind regards,
RandomCoder