2 separate images for apps\widgets screens

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello all,
I'll make this short and sweet if possible. I can't find the answer on the forums.

How can I have one image for my App Icon and another for my widget screen Image?

At the moment my app icon and widget image are the same. Please look at the attached screen shots.

My App and widget name in screen shots is '24th century StarDate'

I would like to keep my App icon but have a different image Widget image to fill the space.

Thank you

Attachments

• Apps1.jpg
    Apps1.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 241
  • Widgets2.jpg
    Widgets2.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 240
Last edited:

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you but no good...

Hello Erel,
Thank you for the reply.

I saw this information before on the forum and though it was wrong(I thought I was looking at the wrong thing because I tried it and it didn't work). I tried it about 2 weeks ago and I've just tried it again. I can't get it to work...

Below is my stardatewidget_info.xml file(which is read only), and of course my image was still in Objects\res\drawable\widgetimg.png set to read only. The widget screen still has my main app icon showing as in the previously attached screen shot...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<appwidget-provider xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android" android:icon="@drawable/widgetimg" android:minWidth="288dp" android:minHeight="134dp" android:initialLayout="@layout/stardatewidget_layout" android:updatePeriodMillis="1800000" />

P.S. It was quicker implementing AdMod than doing this :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Almost there...

Thank you Erel,
Almost there :)

As you can see from the attached screen shot, the icon changed but it is still only taking up 1 cell and has been squashed in lol...

Any ideas, the png image dimensions are 296*148.

Thank you (Again and again and again lol)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-08-13-09-46-44.png
    Screenshot_2012-08-13-09-46-44.png
    66.9 KB · Views: 211
Upvote 0

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hey, that's it :)

Perfect, you did it(again, and again, and again)...

I might re-write this solution on the forum in the next few days. I think that my original subject title will probably make it harder for other B4A developers looking for this solution to find, that's if it is ok with you Erel...

Thank you

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-08-13-10-58-11.png
    Screenshot_2012-08-13-10-58-11.png
    85.3 KB · Views: 199
Upvote 0

pjo12345

Licensed User
Longtime User
What format should the icons files have for 3x1 or 3x3 for example?

Upvote 0

pjo12345

Licensed User
Longtime User
For 3x3?

Upvote 0

pjo12345

Licensed User
Longtime User
So far so good. It works. But what is that provider xml file and where can I find it? What is the entry there, exactly?

Thanks......

Upvote 0

pjo12345

Licensed User
Longtime User
Problem solved.

Upvote 0