Array error - with no array in use!!

LineCutter

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've just added a couple of lines to a program, which don't involve an array, & got this error message:
B4X:
Compiling code.                         Error
Error parsing program.
Error description: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
I've commented out everything except the sub...end sub keywords & the compiler error is still there. I've tried saving & quitting - no joy either.
A different program compiles fine though.

:sign0085:

[5 minutes later]
:sign0161::sign0161::sign0161:
Deleting all of the content of every subs made it apparent what the problem was - I'd copied a string reference for the sub over as it's name i.e. sub "BSA" instead of sub BSA

Erel - I'm not sure if you can make the error message more specific. I'll post this to the forum just in case someone else hits the same issue.

mkvidyashankar

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've just added a couple of lines to a program, which don't involve an array, & got this error message:
B4X:
Compiling code.                         Error
Error parsing program.
Error description: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
I've commented out everything except the sub...end sub keywords & the compiler error is still there. I've tried saving & quitting - no joy either.
A different program compiles fine though.

:sign0085:

[5 minutes later]
:sign0161::sign0161::sign0161:
Deleting all of the content of every subs made it apparent what the problem was - I'd copied a string reference for the sub over as it's name i.e. sub "BSA" instead of sub BSA

Erel - I'm not sure if you can make the error message more specific. I'll post this to the forum just in case someone else hits the same issue.

I am also getting the same error. But program works fine in another machine:sign0085:

mkvidyashankar

Licensed User
Longtime User
here is the file

here is the file

Attachments

• camera.zip
    57.8 KB · Views: 186