Android Question B4A Bridge Crossing

Shelby

Licensed User
Yesterday I updated my B4A to 12.80 and my Android Samsung S23 coincidentally happened to run an update. This morning my S23 ran through another update. Today my B4A Bridge acted strange giving me a question: Would you like to uninstall your app when I ran the compilation in the IDE. Then after I uninstalled my B4A Bridge and installed a new version of B4A Bridge from the Google Play store; the bridge comes up with a Title: My App name,, with a message: Do you want to install this app; with a link named Cancel Update on it. Anyone else having such an experience? After a few more tries I may delete this thread if the phone straightens itself out.
I'll be back in an hour.

Last edited:

Shelby

Licensed User
Still corrupted, the B4A bridge only works if I restart my phone. The second time I try to update an app, the B4A Bridge comes up blank. However, now that I've plugged in my wire (phone to PC), it seems to be remedied; still checking. Wrong, I'm still running in circles; uninstalled the bridge several times. Apps are not updating, except when I restart my phone.

In my C:\Java folder I have JDK-14.0.1 from 6/30/23

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Shelby

Licensed User
Unfortunately I've been using both back and forth; wired debug, wired release, no wire debug, no wire release. Still the phone only updates once until I restart the phone. Thanks for your input. I haven't tried release (obfuscated). I'll try it for laughs. Nope, it didn't make a difference. In my app settings, the B4A Bridge isn't responding to changes I click. I'll continue searching, uninstalling reinstalling, etc.
On the install I'm allowing: Install unknown apps.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Shelby

Licensed User
With USB wired: Somehow when I reinstall the B4A bridge and compile, the blue line run across at the bottom of the image is normal but then the image phrase asks: "Do you want to update this app?" with only a Cancel Update button for my choice of answer. If I click that button or the field below the button the original appearance of ready to compile appears. I can then compile again with the same circle of no change in behavior.
Until yesterday and again today, I've never had such a question of Do you want to update this app (it usually has a button with simply one word :"Update" which I click and a new button appears with the word "Open" which when clicked my SQLite app appears. Now, just the merry-go-round circle of mystery is activated.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Shelby

Licensed User
Well, now it's closer to fixed. I just have to suffer through each update seeing the bizarre phrase string of activities I mentioned above. This is without wire and sporadic with results. It's getting pretty consistent to needing to reboot the phone after each successful compilation. If I don't restart phone, the b4a bridge comes up as a blank image (white).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Alex_197

Licensed User
Longtime User
Well, now it's closer to fixed. I just have to suffer through each update seeing the bizarre phrase string of activities I mentioned above. This is without wire and sporadic with results.
Does it happen only with S23?

Upvote 0

Shelby

Licensed User
Does it happen only with S23?
Yes, it's the only phone I have. I'm gleaning that the downloads of the new b4A bridges is a possible problem. I assume that Google Play is the only place I can download the bridge from. Do you think that's correct?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

teddybear

Licensed User
Yes, it's the only phone I have. I'm gleaning that the downloads of the new b4A bridges is a possible problem. I assume that Google Play is the only place I can download the bridge from. Do you think that's correct?
You also download it from APKPure

Upvote 0

Shelby

Licensed User
You also download it from APKPure
Thank you. It's a complicated endeavor to download there. I have to first download a downloader. Once after that downloader is downloaded, the apparatus told me my iPhone didn't have enough storage space. My phone is not an iPhone, etc.; then APK.com tells me to join their organization (I haven't yet). Every time I try to download the B4A Bridge, the apparatus thinks I should download the APK which is already downloaded; or, it suggests I download a game (Monopoly Go). I guess patience is the key. Seems to be downloading the bridge now. Uh oh, now it wants my credit card information so this website is not for me; I'm not using it. Backing out now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Shelby

Licensed User
Well, I guess there's no solving my problem, at this time. I have 2 SQLite apps (not published). With a fresh starting of my phone, I can update either of my apps. After one time, I have to restart my phone. In addition, I have the odd wording on the B4A Bridge as it continues through the compilation process. In order to update another app, I must restart my Android Samsung S23. Giving up for now; at least it's a quick process to restart my phone for another update, etc.

Upvote 0

teddybear

Licensed User
Thank you. It's a complicated endeavor to download there. I have to first download a downloader. Once after that downloader is downloaded, the apparatus told me my iPhone didn't have enough storage space. My phone is not an iPhone, etc.; then APK.com tells me to join their organization (I haven't yet). Every time I try to download the B4A Bridge, the apparatus thinks I should download the APK which is already downloaded; or, it suggests I download a game (Monopoly Go). I guess patience is the key. Seems to be downloading the bridge now. Uh oh, now it wants my credit card information so this website is not for me; I'm not using it. Backing out now.
You haven't to download the downloader in chrome browser, on 1st page you click the download button, and then on next page you scroll up the page and find the download apk 2.7MB button,you can try it. there you can choose old versions too.

微信图片_20231212153606.png
微信图片_20231212153615.png
微信图片_20231212161158.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Shelby

Licensed User
Do you think the following message is of any relevance; it has popped up when I click the download APK button:

Potentially unwanted content found
This web page is on the list of websites with an uncertain reputation or potentially unwanted content and has been blocked.
Go back to the previous page?
Go back Ignore and continue

Anyway, I'm ignoring the warning and continuing with your instructions. It got me nowhere. The download of the loader ends there. I have a Chrome icon with B4A-Bridge title which sends me back to the same page and nothing more. The circular cycle starts over.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Shelby

Licensed User
teddybear, I do want you to know that I have no interest in criticizing you for the fact that the APKPure website hasn't been working for me. I appreciate your attempt to help me. My machine isn't particularly old with a 2 terabyte hard drive and Windows 10 operating system, yet I have problems with the working of the download, etc.
Anyway, Thanks

Upvote 0