B4i (iOS) - Updates thread

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Can we easily use our existing projects for android , for example an app which uses a gps , to ios without changing any code ( just the screen sizes maybe ) or will there be differences ?

Jimdriver2

Licensed User
Longtime User
Only just saw this was happening (via the Facebook update on vid 2), fantastic news!

If there is a easy way to port B4A apps, even if code requires some work after that would be even better. I'm using B4A to make an app for other staff at my school, but only a minority are on Android. If I could port the app with just a little bit of work to iOS that would be awesome.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
A first release as Christmas present would be nice tho, not sure if you can make it by then.

Since which device is it IOS7? will need to look out for a second hand iPhone then.

LWGShane

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel

This is great news. What serial services will be available in the first/beta release. We have a product www.ursosbutton.com that we have developed and the device has a bluetooth chip to provide the serial i/o, will it be possible to communicate with b4i apps ?

Also will there some support for SQLlite ?

Regards

John.

I know this doesn't help, but neat product!

I also love seeing websites that use Bootstrap; it's a neat little framework.

socialnetis

Licensed User
Longtime User
Is the Canvas Hardware Accelerated to draw? In combination with a Timer it would be somehow similar to Accelerated Surface, isn't it?

imbault

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel,
Is your b4i ready for an early Beta, it would be very very great

Cheers

Patrick

aaronk

Licensed User
Longtime User
What about TCP/IP connections (Normal and SSL Sockets) will that be supported in the first release ?
Do you have a ETA when the first release is going to be ready or what date you are aiming for?

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
The same answer as above about TCP/IP (non-SSL). Bluetooth, network sockets and SQLite are all considered core features and will receive the highest priority.

I'm aiming to release before the end of the year. There will probably a beta or prerelease version one month before the release of the first version.

Douglas Farias

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel b4i is = b4a?
i have project on b4a can i open on b4i?

if yes u go sell the multiple id? only change in the release

if user want to ios put release for ios
release for android etc *-*

Douglas Farias

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
have ideia how much + - b4i?
and what emulador you is using on the last video?

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
have ideia how much + - b4i?
Not yet.

and what emulador you is using on the last video?
It is not an emulator. It is a real device which I mirrored to the desktop to capture it in the video.
B4i will work with real devices only (as there are no iOS emulators running on Windows).

Inman

Licensed User
Longtime User
It is not an emulator. It is a real device which I mirrored to the desktop to capture it in the video.
B4i will work with real devices only (as there are no iOS emulators running on Windows).

Will it be possible to run B4i on Mac OS using some sort of emulation so that we can use the emulator? I have heard that iOS emulators are much, much better than Android emulators.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Anchors and variants features (looks better on the actual devices...):
Two devices are mirrored here. An iPhone in the left side and mini iPad on the right side.

The layout management in B4i is a bit simpler compared to B4A. The parent object (Page) is not destroyed and recreated. It is only resized:
B4X:
Private Sub Application_Start (Nav As NavigationController)
   NavControl = Nav
   Page1.Initialize("Page1")
   Page1.Title = "Page 1"
   NavControl.ShowPage(Page1)
   Page1.RootPanel.LoadLayout("1")
End Sub

Private Sub Page1_Resize(Width As Int, Height As Int)
   Page1.RootPanel.ResizeLayout(1000) 'animation duration
End Sub

Last edited: