Beta Betatester wanted: Estimote Location- or Proximity-Beacons needed

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello all,

i am searching for people who own Estimote Proximity- or Location-Beacons.

I´m wrapping the Estimote SDK into a B4A Library and i am searching for peoples who want to contribute to help getinng all working.

As of today i am able to discover Proximity and Location Beacons from Estimote, getting Telemetry from the Beacons. It is also possible to connect to a ConfigureableDevice. I´m working on the possibility to Configure the Device (Beacon) and to update the settings...
work in progress...

Requirement:
- You need to have an Account on Estimote Cloud
- You need to have Estimote Proximity Beacons (*) or Estimote Location Beacons.
- You need to create an App on The Estimote Cloud to get AppID and Token. You need them to initialize the SDK.

* = Only the newest firmware (G) Models does sent Location Packets. Older Proximity Beacons only provide Proximitry Telemetry

Please answer to this thread if you want to contribute

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Still searching for People who own Estimote-Beacons and want to contribute with Testing the Library.

As of now it is possible to
- Scan for Devices to see their Broadcasts
- Scan for Telemetry Broadcasts
- Scan for Location Broadcasts (Beacon send it´s stored Location). Note that i only have Proximity Beacons for now. I could not test all possibilities.
- Scan for Configureable Devices to be able to connect to the Beacon
- To create a Region for a Beacon which you then can Monitor.
If Monitoring is running and have Regions setup to monitor then you´ll get an Even when you
- Enter the Beaconregion
- Exit the Beacon Region
- Regions can be Setup to be a SecureRegion. Only make sense if you setup your Beacons to be a Secure Beacon (changing their UUID, Major and Minor, regularly from time to time)
- Based on the SecureRegion it does work with Secured Beacons. See Estimotedocumentation about this Setting.
- To connect to a Configureable Device
- To Read, Write Properties from/to the Beacon after it is Connected
- Reading is available for a lot of Properties (not all (work in progress))
- Writing is available only for the name (work in progress))
- To Sync the Settings with the Cloud after you changed the Value on the Beacon. After Sync you´ll see the new Values in the Estimote Cloud Dashboard.
- Getting all Beaconinformations about all your Beacons from the Cloud (using okhttp call). Only this Method is implemented for now.

Sidenotes:
- You can use Normal BeaconRegions (non Secure) too!
- You can use any Bluetooth iBeacon if you know their UUID, Major and Minor value. Even if they are not from Estimore (*1/*2). iBeacon, Eddystone Beacon for ex.
- Create a Region based on UUID, Major and Minor of your 3rd Party Beacon
- Add a Notification for this Region to the Beaconmanager.
- Start Monitoring regions
- You´ll get Events if you Enter/Exit a Beaconregion. Even if it is not a Estimote-Beacon.

*1 = Based on the fact it is not a Estimote Beacon you can not use the Beacons in the EstimoteCloud and therefor you dont get Informations about these Beacons from the Cloud.
*2 = You even can not Connect to these Beacons to Red/Write Setting with the Estimote-SDK.

Last edited:
Upvote 0