Android Question Can't Get B4A to change the Package Name

Bill Kantz

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have tried everything that has been posted in the past.

Original Package name was same as the b4a source file name. I tried using the "Project ---> Package name" to change it to "com.sailawayapps.wxapp" in the IDE and than did a "Clean Project". Recompiled in "release (obfuscated)" mode and the package name did not change and stayed the original name. I than reamed the source file and #application label to the new name. Now when I compile the package name I get is "result.apk" I have no idea where this name came from.

Worst case is it OK to manually rename the package file? No redundancy or error checking issues?

Thank you, Bill

Bill Kantz

Licensed User
Longtime User
The B4A version is 3.80

B4X:
#Region Module Attributes
    #FullScreen: False
    #IncludeTitle: True
    #ApplicationLabel: com.sailawayapps.wxapp
    #VersionCode: 1
    #VersionName:
    #SupportedOrientations: unspecified
    #CanInstallToExternalStorage: False
#End Region

screen.png

Upvote 0

Bill Kantz

Licensed User
Longtime User
I did have the #ApplicationLabel as a friendly name but changed it the package name to try to get this to work. The project name is the same as the package "com.sailawayapps.wxapp". I also deleted the meta file incase it was corrupted. Still get the "result.apk"

Upvote 0

Bill Kantz

Licensed User
Longtime User
I change the project name to" wxapp.ba4" I now get "wxapp.apk" instead of "result.apk" So how do I get B4A to use the name that is set in the Menu "Package Name" ?

Upvote 0

Bill Kantz

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks, this is my first app. So if I understand this the package name is imbedded in the APK and the APK name is irrelevant to Google?

BTW where in NJ i'm in Howell

Upvote 0

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
#ApplicationLabel: com.sailawayapps.wxapp

Hi Bill,
is the question answered?
I see your package name in the App label place.. is this a duplicate?
The package name is edited in the "Package Name" item in the Project menu.
best.

Upvote 0