I want to see success stories of B4a devs!

Douglas Farias

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
imagine now with b4i xD make apps for ios using your windows xD
erel = new bilionary xD

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
you just did :D

but i think that the question lucas is asking is wrong because his question is only around money and calculations

300/day * 7 years, bla bla bla

but i think its much more then that, there are some people that enjoy developing and creating great tools like you did (b4a)
and be like the father of all apps that will be developed with your tool

this is worth much more then few millions (;))

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
you just did :D

but i think that the question lucas is asking is wrong because his question is only around money and calculations

300/day * 7 years, bla bla bla

but i think its much more then that, there are some people that enjoy developing and creating great tools like you did (b4a)
and be like the father of all apps that will be developed with your tool

this is worth much more then few millions (;))

I remember reading often: "I publish my app to my own satisfaction, not for money, it is a hobby."

Apparently there is a satisfaction even publish apps.

Erel probably is not a venal person, but if he could earn ten times through the publication of apps, at a minimum he would do ALSO this (I would say this ONLY).

I do not think that his three daughters inherit satisfaction.

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
Works it only in local network or over Internet?
Multiplayer? Up to 10 players on a single device, or 2 on a local WiFi connection. I've never been able to get Google Play Services real-time multiplayer working properly using the various wrappers that have been written for B4A & my Java skills are crap, so I have only been able to make small changes to the wrapper originally written by NFOBoy. The iOS version does multiplayer over Game Center & works really well. I've played it with my wife when I've been at work (shhhh!) & she's been home & it's very responsive - no lag at all. I could claim that's because of my superior network programming skills, but it's probably more to do with the efficiency of Game Center!

Douglas Farias

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
And while we discuss, we don't spend time on these apps that will make us billionnaire... :)

Douglas at work
4946147782317118.gif

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Why make this debate to such a level?

Because I questioned that $ 300 / day, but I had not even noticed who had written this, mine was not a personal insult.

I know that some apps have happened: my opinion is that, in these cases, SOD far more organized individual programmer, prevail, preventing those collections.

Then there is always some idiot who gets to "defend" those who do not need it.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel probably is not a venal person, but if he could earn ten times through the publication of apps, at a minimum he would do ALSO this (I would say this ONLY).

you think like this because you are like this but not everybody think like you do

i give u an example

i developed a great salary calculator and i wanted to make it multilanguage so i asked people from this forum to tranlate it for me and i pay for it
there where lot of words to translate and guess what only 2 guys took money (small amount only for some beers) but about 10 people didnot take any money from me

this shows that there are people that dont think only about money i was ready to pay 30-50$ for every one but almost no one wanted my money !

http://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/looking-for-translators.36233/

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Multiplayer? Up to 10 players on a single device, or 2 on a local WiFi connection. I've never been able to get Google Play Services real-time multiplayer working properly using the various wrappers that have been written for B4A & my Java skills are crap, so I have only been able to make small changes to the wrapper originally written by NFOBoy. The iOS version does multiplayer over Game Center & works really well. I've played it with my wife when I've been at work (shhhh!) & she's been home & it's very responsive - no lag at all. I could claim that's because of my superior network programming skills, but it's probably more to do with the efficiency of Game Center!

maybe I'm wrong, but your employer is a member of this site.

Actually, I'd really like to make full use of the services of Google, but I could only do so directly in Java, with a million problems.

As I am not very intelligent (fortunately) I did not understand what means: "Up to 10 players on a single device"

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
you think like this because you are like this but not everybody think like you do

i give u an example

i developed a great salary calculator and i wanted to make it multilanguage so i asked people from this forum to tranlate it for me and i pay for it
there where lot of words to translate and guess what only 2 guys took money (small amount only for some beers) but about 10 people didnot take any money from me

this shows that there are people that dont think only about money i was ready to pay 30-50$ for every one but almost no one wanted my money !

I translated for you your app in Italian! FOR FREE and I have been unemployed for a long time, so you do not imagine how I am, please

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User

i give u an example

This is the exact reason I much prefer developing using B4A & contributing to this forum instead of the iTunes Connect developer forums. There is definitely much more camaraderie here & it shows in the way people post & the comments they make. Unfortunately, "over there" there are a number of very "holier than thou" people who belittle others just to elevate their own egos...

Douglas Farias

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
This is the exact reason I much prefer developing using B4A & contributing to this forum instead of the iTunes Connect developer forums. There is definitely much more camaraderie here & it shows in the way people post & the comments they make. Unfortunately, "over there" there are a number of very "holier than thou" people who belittle others just to elevate their own egos...

b4a <3

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I translated for you your app in Italian! FOR FREE and I have been unemployed for a long time, so you do not imagine how I am, please

no offence, i just wanted to say that money is not everything, sorry if i said something wrong didnot mean that

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
maybe I'm wrong, but your employer is a member of this site.

Actually, I'd really like to make full use of the services of Google, but I could only do so directly in Java, with a million problems.

As I am not very intelligent (fortunately) I did not understand what means: "Up to 10 players on a single device"
Errr - who do you think my employer is?

"Up to 10 players on a single device" means you can "play & pass" with multiple players, but only one instance of the app running on one device.