Share My Creation JG Secret Recorder

SecretRecorder.jpg

Hi all,

Here is my first application

It is a simple voice recorder using the excellent audio streamer

Some nice features :

- haptic interface to start/pause/stop recording with special phone positions
hapticraw.gif
easier to show rather than to explain ...

- phone call recording/pausing when shaking the phone
- automatic recording of agenda events (with special keywords)
- dropbox sync
- experimental Automatic Gain Control for Phone recording
- mp3 recording

You will recognize a lot of your nice libraries... Thank you to all of you

I really enjoy B4A it is so easy to develop an App when you already know dotnet...
I tried to code an app for my IPAD with objective C... sooo long learning curve ... B4A is GREAT

The App is here : JG Secret Recorder

It may not work properly with your phone as "phone audio recording" seems to highly depend on your specific hardware...
The app also uses accelerometer in the background (but without draining the batt) and, whith some smartphones, sensors are disabled when screen is off (Xiaomi Mi2s for example)... so try the app, it's free !

[edit] : version V1.11 includes new V1.62 audio streamer library. Corrects a lot of App crashes when several Apps conflict to access audio stream
[edit] : version V1.15 includes liblame for mp3 encoding. Many thanks @warwound

Last edited:

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
looks very nice, but you got many error msg's

and call voice recording doesnot work

the spy recording is default on and like this people will without knowing recording after install the app (because to start recording you need only to rotate phone to front) and that could cause lots of uninstalls...

i think you should change that because the whole idea of this app is to start record very fast without enter any app and press buttons but also it should be save and not start recording also if i dont want to!

maybe long click on the upper volume key could start the recording...

but i must say u did a very nice job for FIRST APP

just fix the errors (use maybe try catch to avoid app crashing)
for example if the list is empty and you press "delete unlocked" you got a crash
or if you select one item and press "delete unlocked" you got also a crash,...

good luck :)

freedom2000

Licensed User
Longtime User
looks very nice, but you got many error msg's

and call voice recording doesnot work

the spy recording is default on and like this people will without knowing recording after install the app (because to start recording you need only to rotate phone to front) and that could cause lots of uninstalls...

i think you should change that because the whole idea of this app is to start record very fast without enter any app and press buttons but also it should be save and not start recording also if i dont want to!

maybe long click on the upper volume key could start the recording...

but i must say u did a very nice job for FIRST APP

just fix the errors (use maybe try catch to avoid app crashing)
for example if the list is empty and you press "delete unlocked" you got a crash
or if you select one item and press "delete unlocked" you got also a crash,...

good luck :)

Thank you for your fast feedback.

I will for sure try to reproduce the "empty lists" errors and fix them.

The recording should not start be itself unless you :
- put the phone vertically "screen on"
- switch off the phone
- immediately (< 1s) put it flat

I have it running in my pocket for almost one week without any trouble of "false detection"

More annoying is what you say regarding call voice recording which does not work...
Did you shake the phone ? Strongly ? (you can decrease the shake sensitivity into the prefs)

Please could you tell me your phone model and android version ?
Because I have tested this app on several devices and it does work
I have however found a problem on Xiaomi Mi2s because the sensors seem to shutdown when screen is off... so "secret recording" never starts..
But on other models it works fine :
  • Samsung S2, S3, S4
  • Nexus 5
  • old Lenovo
However again, I appreciate your feedback !

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
hi again

maybe if u put your phone after lock it to your pocket it wont make you troubles but like me or others it could

i am working as a CNC programmer and after i call, send sms,... i lock the screen and put the phone on my desk and in this situation
it will start recording, maybe you could consider put another "AUTO START RECORDING" function so user can decide when the recording should start

my phone is "Galaxy 2 Plus" ANdroid version 4.1.2
and the recording started (i put it in settings on every call not "harlem shake" mode)
i also see the file on the list but when i play no sound.

i recorded also normal recording (not call) and that works very fine

But dont worry much i tried maybe 30 Call Recording Apps and no one works on my phone

the best result was to here only my voice and thats it, but in your app i also dont hear my voice

i think its something on this Galaxy 2 Plus

if you will make it work on Galaxy 2 PLUS your Apps will be the first app the does it :cool:

i like the design and the pop up menus, good job 5* for that

* EDIT: one more thing, the text in the "Actions" button does not fit and i see 2 lines...

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
What is the trouble with the actions button ? --> here (nexus 5) it works

there is no problem only the text does not fit and i get 2 lines in the buttons

as you can see in the picture the char "s" is in the second line instead of "actions" you can write "action" ;)

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
one more thing i found

do you decrease the volume of the device? and limit it with a service or something like this?
i ask because when i had your app installed i hear music very low after uninstall volume was again high (i also reboot my phone so it could be something else)

freedom2000

Licensed User
Longtime User
there is no problem only the text does not fit and i get 2 lines in the buttons

as you can see in the picture the char "s" is in the second line instead of "actions" you can write "action" ;)
Ok clear --> I will do it !

freedom2000

Licensed User
Longtime User
one more thing i found

do you decrease the volume of the device? and limit it with a service or something like this?
i ask because when i had your app installed i hear music very low after uninstall volume was again high (i also reboot my phone so it could be something else)
No I don't change volume at all !
This is possibly one reason for bad "phone recording". I have noticed that the master volume directly influence the audio volume.
Could you try to perform a phone recording with max volume (could be loud for your hears ...) during the recording.

On my Nexus, the higher the volume the better the recording (for phone call only)
For simple voice record the quality is really perfect

To better balance the calling voice and the caller one, I perform a real time voice amplification with a simple AGC on the audio stream.

I don't exactly how works the audio streamer library, but it seems that its beahvior is not the same from phone to phone.

BTW: I enjoy very much CNC, have designed my own PAP driver, made my own CNC (2 models one simple on my site freedom2000.free.fr, the other on a forum that I moderate)

freedom2000

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi again,

I have corrected all the mentionned bugs, and intensively tested on my Nexus5

llan, if you are still there, please could you tell me if it is ok also on your side ?
Thank you

Last edited:

freedom2000

Licensed User
Longtime User
V1.11 is here : it includes new V1.62 audio streamer library. Corrects a lot of App crashes when several Apps conflict to access audio stream.

Also adds possibility of selection of the audio stream source.
It may help for Phone recording (although no real effect on my Nexus 5 !)

Please don't hesitate to report bugs as the Phone recording function seems to be rather "hardware dependent" :rolleyes:

freedom2000

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,
This app was not longer compliant with Google's new security policies... I was asked to remove it from the GooglePlay :(

freedom2000

Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry but the source code is not available. This app is more than 8 years old, it wouldn't work with "modern" versions of Android.