Share My Creation Knight's ride

Hi All,

Here is my last application (of course all in B4A).
It's a simple knight's tour game.
As (modestly) advertised on the playstore, it's "the most complete Knight's tour game on the playstore." ;)
It includes the game and a powerfull solver.

Screenshot_2014-04-05-13-55-42.png

The knight piece on a chess board move with a L shapped pattern.
Your goal is to move the knight from square to square and to completely fill the chess board ending on the 64th square

Seems simple ... just try it and you'll finish either crazy or addicted !

To move the knight just press an allowed square.
To identify the allowed squares you may press the "Hint" button.\nIf you want to undo a move, simply press on the knight last position. You can repeat this how often you wish.

The "Nb" button allows to display or hide the sequences of jumps on the squares.

The "line" button shows or hide the ride of the knight with a blue line.

The "Move !" button is for lazy players ;-) needing to cheat ! Just press on it and the knight will move to the best (internal alogrithm) next move. If you want to completely solve the game, do a long press on this button ...

Thanks to try it and tell me if it's OK on your device. (I tested it on a GS3 and a tablet)

Enjoy !

Attachments

• Knight.apk
    398.9 KB · Views: 207

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Alain and thanks for sharing this..

on the image there is a move that is not L shpaed.. is there a set of rules for the game other than L shape?

aeropic

Licensed User
Longtime User
L shaped is maybe a too short explanation, all symetries are allowed... from a central position (x,y) you can go to :

x-1, y-2
x-1, y+2
x-2, y-1
X-2, y+1
x+1, y-2
x+1, y+2
x+2, y-1
x+2, y+1

which are the squares marked with an @ in the following picture assuming the knight is in the "4" square. Note that the square with number 3 is no more available.

I will update the explanation on the playstore:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aeropic.knightRide

Screenshot_2014-04-05-13-54-55.png

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks but sorry I don't get it..
don't understand what you said here. I am not a programmer, I just want to download and play your game and need an intuitive and easy to understand plain English explanation.
How would you direct me.

aeropic

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks but sorry I don't get it..
don't understand what you said here. I am not a programmer, I just want to download and play your game and need an intuitive and easy to understand plain English explanation.
How would you direct me.
Oops... I need then to add some indications on playstore !
A knight's tour is a sequence of moves of a knight on a chessboard such that the knight visits every square only once. If the knight ends on a square that is one knight's move from the beginning square (so that it could tour the board again immediately, following the same path), the tour is closed, otherwise it is open. The exact number of open tours on an 8x8 chessboard is still unknown.

The knight move is unusual among chess pieces. When it moves, it can move to a square that is two squares horizontally and one square vertically, or two squares vertically and one square horizontally. The complete move therefore looks like the letter

Please tell me if that's clear, I have updated the splash screen explanation and I would want to be sure my english is understandable !

Please download the version from the playstore. it includes many improvments ...

Thanks
Alain

Attachments

• moves.jpg
    moves.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You need to explain this long line that's not a legal knight's move:
knight.png

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Got it now, thanks..

It is a very good game idea.

eps

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Maybe just pop a circle on the nodes as it were, then it's obvious that the line is two moves.

aeropic

Licensed User
Longtime User
good idea eps !

Next version will include something like this:
circles.jpg

I still have to fix the size of the panel on which I draw the lines in order to give more room to the edge circles ... but you can already see the benefit of your idea in the middle of the long line :)

Reactions: eps

aeropic

Licensed User
Longtime User
Release 1.4 is available on playstore.

It includes:
- an end of game management. Difference between a full chess board and a full chess board including a close loop (next move goes to first square) !
- the little dots at the extremities of the lines (thanks eps).

Should you like, I would appreciate a 5 stars rating to give a little boost to a B4A apk :) !!!

Many thanks
Alain

Screenshot_2014-04-09-22-47-50.png

Last edited: