Share My Creation Le Mans Live Timing

A simple lightweight App which gathers information from a web feed, rearranges it slightly, translates some of it and then displays it in a given style.

The current feed is a static one, showing the data that was from the end of the Test Day, a couple of weeks ago. This will start to update on Wednesday evening and then on Thursday evening and of course on Saturday from 3pm until 3 Sunday i.e. whilst the sessions are actually live and something is on track.

It uses the following :

ScrollView
HttpUtils2 (POST retrieval)

Feedback or thoughts are welcomed.

:)

It's taken about 2-3 weeks to put together. The App itself is around 300k and the amount of data taken each time it is refreshed is 5k.

Attachments

• Screenshot1_1024.png
    Screenshot1_1024.png
    62.7 KB · Views: 4,791
  • Screenshot2_1024.png
    Screenshot2_1024.png
    68 KB · Views: 292
  • Screenshot3_1024.png
    Screenshot3_1024.png
    66.4 KB · Views: 286
Last edited:

eps

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Over the race week we had more than 12,000 downloads :) Quite a few updates planned for next year and some of the feedback has given me some further ideas on how to improve the App. Overall though it worked well for something that took 3 weeks from start to finish and that was done in the evenings.

eps

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
We've now made a Paid For version at the request of a User.

The Paid For version removes the adverts, which should reduce data use. Although the License Check will use some data.

It seems to have worked well, although now and again it does give a License Check Error if it can't find a Data Connection or hasn't been run for a while.

:)