Loses SDK Path Settings

marathon332

Licensed User
Longtime User
After installing and setting up B4A, Java and Android SDK everything works fine and I added paths to Java and Android.

However, I clicked on the source file for "Guess My Number" which opened a new instance of B4A and when I got to this screen, it asked me for the Java and SDK paths again. This is also true whenever I run the IDE again, so it doesn't seem to find the path settings at all under any circumstances. B4A doesn't appear to be remembering the settings whenever there is a new instance of the IDE. Great program though... keep up the good work..

gmn_designer.png

Last edited:

glook

Licensed User
Longtime User
Paths are remembered OK for me.

Closed all IDE' s - paths are still there next time, even after a reboot.

Also just download and opened "Guess My Number" - paths are fine, Designer shows "Disconnected" and will not connect or compile (see Error when compiling thread).

BTW - I'm on Windows XP SP3.

marathon332

Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel:

I did what you said and it works okay now...thanks...

This may be a problem for others though, so you may want to have B4A save the path settings as soon as the user enters them for the first time. Just to avoid some confusion... (my 2 cents)

BTW, I didn't have to re-enter the settings once I closed my original IDE, so it obviously needed me to exit the program the first time in order to save the settings.... I wasn't aware of that and some others might find their way down the same path. The user shouldn't have to think of these things. It should just be automatic but it's a small thing so I wouldn't worry too much...

Last edited: