Share My Creation My Playground

My Playground is now on Google Play:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=les3f.b4a.myplaygroundfree

icone_myplayground.png
12 activities in a single application for children from 3 y.o. !

Available in french and english. Translators welcome.

Last edited:

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
REALLY AWESOME !!!!

I would be a bit rude and I will give you little advice, maybe in the painting you can do that the paint will not cover the picture the paint should be behind the picture so if you go outside the lines it wont clear the picture.
i did it in my app i think its nicer (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=www.sagitalasf.net&hl=en)

2.) second advice, pause the music by leaving the app

Informatix

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
REALLY AWESOME !!!!

I would be a bit rude and I will give you little advice, maybe in the painting you can do that the paint will not cover the picture the paint should be behind the picture so if you go outside the lines it wont clear the picture.
i did it in my app i think its nicer (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=www.sagitalasf.net&hl=en)

2.) second advice, pause the music by leaving the app

Thank you for the comments.

In the painting activity, I cannot distinguish the background from the foreground as I handle pictures as a whole (the drawing+the blank sheet behind). I cannot do differently if I want to support the import of user's pictures. But I agree that would be better with separate layers. On the other hand, that makes it like the real thing.

For the music, it's something that went unnoticed despite all tests made (mainly because my son doesn't use any other app on his tablet). I will add an option in the configuration to pause the music when the app is temporarily left. It will be true by default.

I downloaded your app and I think that my kid will love it. Why didn't you translate the text ? (it's a bit disturbing when you click on the french flag, everything stays in english) And the language setting doesn't seem to be saved. When I exit, it's lost.

Last edited:

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I downloaded your app and I think that my kid will love it. Why didn't you translate the text ? (it's a bit disturbing when you click on the french flag, everything stays in english) And the language setting doesn't seem to be saved. When I exit, it's lost.

i did this game 1 year ago and left it like it is, i will change it so it wil save the language and also translet the text as you said

thank you for your advice :)

Informatix

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
cool, do you have any sales until now?
No, but fortunately for us, we don't count on this. We made the app as a trial run and, to be honest, I'm not satisfied by a few things in it. For example, I used the Accelerated Surface lib and I find it a bit slow on some devices. Moreover it does not offer as much possibilities as libGDX, but libGDX came too late to be used for this project.
Our next project will be more "professional".

Informatix

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
how many developers are you? are you interested of selling your project?
We are two, me and my wife. I'm the developper, she's the graphic designer. I contacted other people but I realized quickly that's almost impossible to create an international team to publish on Google Play because that means creating an international company and it's out of question for a small team with no starting budget. Only free apps can be done.
About selling our work, we study all proposals.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
maybe erel could add a "sell my project" section here in B4A, i will continue with private massage...

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
ok erel, we can give it a try, but how should people know about it??
should i open a new topic in Business forum?

JakeBullet70

Licensed User
Longtime User
No, but fortunately for us, we don't count on this. We made the app as a trial run and, to be honest, I'm not satisfied by a few things in it. For example, I used the Accelerated Surface lib and I find it a bit slow on some devices. Moreover it does not offer as much possibilities as libGDX, but libGDX came too late to be used for this project.
Our next project will be more "professional".

Informatix, have you looked the the OUYA market? I am finding that apps are running fine (it's just Android) and the only thing I have to do is change from touch to the controller. Its still a small market but another market never the less.

Johnmcenroy

Licensed User
Longtime User
Wonderful application !
Informatix , take a look at Sensor Tower and Straply keyword tools , think that you can increase much your downloads with them. I use them for estimation of volume on various keywords. Of cause it is not perfect because there are no real stats from app store , but in general very useful to know where to move. I use them myself and also change locale in Google Play and see suggested keywords and then check them in these tools. Suggested keywords very useful to know what people search , but locale in android must be changed to spanish for example to know real suggested keywords in google play for spain market by google. Also I suggest you to register your app in 3 main android forums (androidforums,android central,xda) and androidpit. Your app will appear in google in minutes.Good luck. Hope it will help.

Last edited: