Android Question No device found - Galaxy s6

IamBot

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

I bought a Galaxy s6 and enabled unknown sources and USB debugging, but still I get 'No device found' when compiling. What can I do? I have same problems with my Galaxy tablet but not on my original Galaxy s2.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks

LWGShane

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm not sure how USB debugging works with B4A, but do you have the B4A Bridge installed?

Upvote 0

Ferbis

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi IamBot,

I'm with ColdBlueLava you need bridge.

I think you are a bit confused. The options you are talking about do not have nothing to do with the problem you are having. Before compiling you have to connect b4a to the virtual device or to the terminal via wifi or bluetooth using bridge.

Read the manual for beginners. It is fantastic and a good start. You willl safe time, believe me.

Upvote 0

cyiwin

Licensed User
Longtime User
Are you able to transfer data between your phone and computer when you connect them with a USB cable? IE, move a photo from your phone to your computer.

Upvote 0

barx

Licensed User
Longtime User
USB debugging has Everything to do with it if you're connecting via USB (Like I do). You need the driver for the phone so it can be detected by ADB. Easiest way to do this for samsungs, is to install the Kies software.

Once it gets detected properly you will get a security request (RCA). allow it always.

Upvote 0

Ferbis

Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry I thought USB debugging was an option for developers to work with the software of the device itself. :(

Upvote 0

IamBot

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks guys, I tried with the Bridge (first time) and it works perfectly. I used to always connect via USB so that's why I got surprised it didn't work on my new phone. However, problem solved.

Cheers

Upvote 0

Ferbis

Licensed User
Longtime User
I also learn something, thanks Barx. I thought the only way to connect to the phone was using bridge via wifi or bluetooth

Upvote 0

barx

Licensed User
Longtime User
I also learn something, thanks Barx. I thought the only way to connect to the phone was using bridge via wifi or bluetooth
I have never used the bridge so you're not the only one with un-trodden ground ;)

Upvote 0