Share My Creation QR Code Generator

Hi,

I have a little app for creating QR Barcode offline.
It is based on the great library Zint.dll.
It is easy to use and sometimes helpful, if you need to create a QR Code without having an internet access.
It runs on Windows.

mhc

Attachments

• QR.zip
    279.7 KB · Views: 2,026
  • zint.zip
    287.7 KB · Views: 1,837

Johan Schoeman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks @Erel. I had found this solution also on the net but thought it was only applicable to the nexus front camera. Off course on devices like that who do not have auto-focus, the barcode scanner will not be as good.
@alwaysbusy, is this something you can sort out to make it compatible? Would really like to test out your app. I have a Samsung PT-3100 tablet. Probably not the best camera that one can wish for.

alwaysbusy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
@Johan Schoeman I've added the recommendations of Erel and I see a lot of new devices are now compatible. (My Galaxy Tab 3 and Nexus 7 can now install it). Play mentions it's developed more for phones, but it can be installed. And play is right as the cameras on phones are in general better than the ones on tablets :) I've added a lot of stuff on the auto-focus part to improve the scan but if your tablet doesn't have one (as don't my tablets), the results may vary. For this app it only reads one QR Code, but I've done tests where it read up to 10 QR codes and more at once.

alwaysbusy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi @alwaysbusy, will your free downloadable app scan qr codes larger than version 20? Have downloaded it but I cannot get it to scan codes larger than ver 20. Also not version 19H codes - some other qr code scanners such as inigma reads the ver 19H codes immediately. But nevertheless, the app looks great!

Thanks! Would it be possible to send me a 19H and 20H that could not be read? I've tested it up to 25 (with some online generator) but maybe I did something wrong :)

Johan Schoeman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks! Would it be possible to send me a 19H and 20H that could not be read? I've tested it up to 25 (with some online generator) but maybe I did something wrong :)
I can confirm that your app is working 100% ! Well done Alain! Thanks for your assistance. It is very much appreciated;)

francoisg

Licensed User
Longtime User
WOW!
And here I thought I would have to do the library myself! ;-)

You beat me by at least a week!

Great job. Will have a look but it seems everything I need is there!

mlc

Licensed User
Longtime User
Here is my first library to draw Version 1 to Version 40 QR codes with. Copy qrcode.xml and qrcode.jar from the Files folder to the default B4A library folder, refresh the libraries in the referenced libraries section within the project and then enable/click/select QRcode.
Hi Johan

Thank you very much for sharing this library. JHS QR CODE V11.zip
Works perfectly, but I have found that special characters do not work, such as accented vowels or the letter ñ. So it is difficult to encode words in Spanish or French and others.
Do you intend to include these characters?
If you need help to include these characters, I can make a complete list in the format you need, for example:

B4X:
  Case "Ç"
  char = 128
etc
etc

Thanks in advance

Johan Schoeman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Johan

Thank you very much for sharing this library. JHS QR CODE V11.zip
Works perfectly, but I have found that special characters do not work, such as accented vowels or the letter ñ. So it is difficult to encode words in Spanish or French and others.
Do you intend to include these characters?
If you need help to include these characters, I can make a complete list in the format you need, for example:

B4X:
  Case "Ç"
  char = 128
etc
etc

Thanks in advance

Hi Miguel

I can add the extended characters in ISO 8859-1.

Reactions: mlc

mlc

Licensed User
Longtime User
Try this Miguel. It is just the JAR and XML library files. Copy them to library folder. Let me know if working/not working

Hi Johan

Brilliant, perfect, works like a charm.

Thank you so much, you've done it in record time.
I was unable to check all special letters, but all I've checked work well
If in the following tests, I find something, I'll tell

Thanks again

Johan Schoeman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Johan

Brilliant, perfect, works like a charm.

Thank you so much, you've done it in record time.
I was unable to check all special letters, but all I've checked work well
If in the following tests, I find something, I'll tell

Thanks again

It is interesting to note that a QR code scanner such as I-nigma interprets the below ISO8859-1 characters differently to what for eg QRafter or NeoReader interperets them. I guess that the correct ECI needs to be specified to ensure correct interpretation by different scannners. I-nigma seems to interpret them as JIS chars while QRafter and NeoReader interpret them as ISO8859-1

¡ ¢ £ ¤ ¥ ¦ § ¨ © ª « ¬ ® ¯ ° ± ² ³ ´ µ ¶ · ¸ ¹ º » ¼ ½ ¾ ¿ À Á Â Ã Ä Å Æ Ç È É Ê Ë Ì Í Î Ï Ð Ñ Ò Ó Ô Õ Ö × Ø Ù Ú Û Ü Ý Þ ß à á â ã ä å æ ç è é ê ë ì í î ï ð ñ ò ó ô õ ö ÷ ø ù ú û ü ý þ ÿ

mlc

Licensed User
Longtime User
¡ ¢ £ ¤ ¥ ¦ § ¨ © ª « ¬ ® ¯ ° ± ² ³ ´ µ ¶ · ¸ ¹ º » ¼ ½ ¾ ¿ À Á Â Ã Ä Å Æ Ç È É Ê Ë Ì Í Î Ï Ð Ñ Ò Ó Ô Õ Ö × Ø Ù Ú Û Ü Ý Þ ß à á â ã ä å æ ç è é ê ë ì í î ï ð ñ ò ó ô õ ö ÷ ø ù ú û ü ý þ ÿ

i-nigma confirmed, QR Barcode Scanner interpret ISO8859-1

mlc

Licensed User
Longtime User
i-nigma returns:
。 「 」 、 ・ ヲ ァ ィ ゥ ェ ォ ャ ョ ッ ー ア イ ウ エ オ カ キ ク ケ コ サ シ ス セ ソ タ チ ツ テ ト ナ ニ ヌ ネ ノ ハ ヒ フ ヘ ホ マ ミ ム メ モ ヤ ユ ヨ ラ リ ル レ ロ ワ ン ゙ ゚

Hi Johan

Apology, explained me wrong, I was confirming what you said about enigma.
I-nigma decodes JIS characters, exactly those who you have posted.