Voice Podcast Player

bfan

Licensed User
VPPlayer = Voice Podcast Player

It's a mp3 and ogg player specially suited to linsten to spoken podcasts.

Spanish version: Voice Podcast Player

When listenign to spoken podcasts, I often want to go forward some seconds to skip over commercials, introductions, etc. or some minutes to skip over a part of no interest.

And I often want to go backward some seconds to listen again a name, a reference, or several minutes to hear again a part I missed because a distraction.

The main characteristic of VPPlayer is that it has eight buttons to skip eight configurable time intervals (four forward and four backward).

Other features:

Remember last file and time point listened
Remember last files listened
Optionally ask if the file just listened should be deleted
Optionally move the file just listended to LISTENED folder
Optionally play next file in folder

And the usual:

Numeric and graphical time indicator
Player volume control
Screen lock (kind of)
Texts in external file, so it can be easily translated

This is my first Basic4ppc program and has been fully programmed in the device, a HTC Touch Diamond 2, so don't expect high quality code.

And the target was functionality, so no rounded buttons and no nice scroll lists.

As it's my first Basic4ppc program, I haven't spent any time in trying to make a program which auto adapt to any screen resolution. Instead, I have compiled three versions for devices and one for desktop.

Release Notes: April 2, 2011

Added icon to the executable

Bug fixed: when Pause was pressed it forgot the current volumen and returned to maximum

Bug fixed: Menu key could be pressed in Lock mode

Bug fixed: when auto-playing next song some keys could be pressed even when it was locked

Antonio

Attachments

• screen.jpg
    screen.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 311
  • vpplayer-source.zip
    38.4 KB · Views: 313
Last edited: