webview won't play flash video on tablet

davelt99

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have a webview that loads a URL which consists of a flash player playing a flash video (.flv) file.

All works perfectly on my HTC phone but the same web page will not display the flash when the app is run on an Asus TF300T 10" screen tablet with Android version 4.0.3 (Ice Cream Sandwich). There is no error displayed in the app and the player only displays the blue background color so that I know that the web page has located the video file.

Adobe Flash Player 11.1 is installed on the tablet and because the app and webview work fine on the phone, I know that the web server is not at fault.

Would anyone have thoughts or a possible fix for this ?

Thank you,

davelt99

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks NJude.

I tried that code and it worked perfectly for the URL (Canon U.S.A., Inc.) that the webview was being tested on. However with the same code and a URL of Flash Components | Menu, Gallery, Slideshow, FLV Player component the webview does not display the flash object.

I see in the comments that it may be an Android problem, but I"ve had a webview displaying flash .flv files in an app on an HTC phone for a couple of months without a problem so I think that it may be the webview/tablet problem or maybe just the Android version 4.0.3.

Upvote 0

davelt99

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

Adding this to to the Manifest editor worked !
SetActivityAttribute(main, android:hardwareAccelerated, "true")

Spent many hours trying to fix, all OK now.

Upvote 0