iOS Question xCustomListView Scroll Behavior

Jim McDougal

Licensed User
I have a TextView loaded into a panel which I add to a CustomListView. The panel height is larger than the CustomListView window height. Sometimes it will scroll the full length of the panel and sometimes it won't. A pretty basic implementation. Is there something I'm missing?

Jim McDougal

Licensed User
The TextView is not editable as I am embedding clickable links in it using CSBuilder. I was previously using ScrollView as I did in the B4A version of this app which worked fine, but in B4i the SCrollView and xCustomListView implementations both exhibit the same wonky behaviors. I will continue to tinker.

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
The TextView is not editable as I am embedding clickable links in it using CSBuilder. I was previously using ScrollView as I did in the B4A version of this app which worked fine, but in B4i the SCrollView and xCustomListView implementations both exhibit the same wonky behaviors. I will continue to tinker.
If it is not editable then you can use CLV.AddTextItem. It will work better.

Upvote 0

Jim McDougal

Licensed User
OK, AttributedString does load into the CLV with AddTextItem. How do I expose the clickable links in the AttributedString? Since I don't have a TextView anymore there's no event to associate the links with. I only have the ItemClick event from the CLV and that returns Item number and Value.

Thanks for your help.

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

Jim McDougal

Licensed User
I solved the problem by stacking individual labels, adding them to panels, and adding the panels to a ScrollView. It is a table of contents with expandable entries much like you'd see with Acrobat Reader. I expand/collapse the sublists by changing the height of the interior panels to show/hide the expanded list entries. The labels and panels are generated in code so that I don't have a ridiculously large designer layout.

Thanks for following up. I'm a bit more capable with both CLV and ScrollView now. I'll bookmark the two references above as well.

Upvote 0