B4A Library Leadbolt Ads

Hi all,

(Long post warning!)

I am going to release a new library for leadbolt.

Please use following link to register (it will help me get some referral bonusses, and it will cost you absolutely nothing):

LeadBolt Mobile Ad network- Advertise and Monetize traffic on Android and iPhones

If you thought admob was bad, and airpush was a fresh breath of air, wait till you try leadbolt!

Lets just say what I can get from leadbolt is at WORST twice what I get from admob, and at BEST so far is 6 times what I get from admob. <-- on a daily basis! (was very very close to hitting $100 in one of my days on leadbolt alone)

I am doing some fine tuning on the library and should release it within the next 24 hours.

So please show some support and love for humanity, and sign up with the link above... hehe.. you will really like the revenue generated.

LeadBolt Mobile Ad network- Advertise and Monetize traffic on Android and iPhones

To test the ads out, download one of my games, BallTapp:

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.madelephantstudios.BallTapp&feature=search_result

It has admob, airpush and leadbolt in it.

On their site, they have a library for B4A built by them, that library adds the web type ads, something like what Millenial Media has. I have tried those and the returns are no fun at all.

Their push notifications are excellent, plus they arent as hated as airpush for some reason... overpublicity by airpush perhaps? LOL!

Do register your accounts with leadbolt and set up your ads for Notification (SDK) type.

Another good point about them is you will be assigned an accounts manager, who reply your mails and is contactable via IM. (unlike the unknown that is admob/google)

Questions or feedback welcome.

PS - Feedback is really appreciated as the other ad libraries I've released have had no responses if they work fine or not for others. :(

:sign0089:

ssg

Licensed User
Longtime User

Omar

Licensed User
Longtime User
Leadbolt Library

Hey ssg,

Thanks a lot for your contributions to the community, just wanted to check when you expect to release the library for Leadbolt?

Omar

Hi all,

(Long post warning!)

I am going to release a new library for leadbolt.

Please use following link to register (it will help me get some referral bonusses, and it will cost you absolutely nothing):

If you thought admob was bad, and airpush was a fresh breath of air, wait till you try leadbolt!

Lets just say what I can get from leadbolt is at WORST twice what I get from admob, and at BEST so far is 6 times what I get from admob. <-- on a daily basis! (was very very close to hitting $100 in one of my days on leadbolt alone)

I am doing some fine tuning on the library and should release it within the next 24 hours.

So please show some support and love for humanity, and sign up with the link above... hehe.. you will really like the revenue generated.

To test the ads out, download one of my games, BallTapp:

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.madelephantstudios.BallTapp&feature=search_result

It has admob, airpush and leadbolt in it.

On their site, they have a library for B4A built by them, that library adds the web type ads, something like what Millenial Media has. I have tried those and the returns are no fun at all.

Their push notifications are excellent, plus they arent as hated as airpush for some reason... overpublicity by airpush perhaps? LOL!

Do register your accounts with leadbolt and set up your ads for Notification (SDK) type.

Another good point about them is you will be assigned an accounts manager, who reply your mails and is contactable via IM. (unlike the unknown that is admob/google)

Questions or feedback welcome.

PS - Feedback is really appreciated as the other ad libraries I've released have had no responses if they work fine or not for others. :(

The game you linked force closes everytime on bionic. I sent the force close report to you.

ssg

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hey ssg,

Thanks a lot for your contributions to the community, just wanted to check when you expect to release the library for Leadbolt?

Omar

Hi Omar,

Thank you for the kind words.

Leadbolt has already made their own library for B4A. Create an account with them, then click on Help/FAQ link on their site. Then select App Developer Framework. Libraries for PhoneGap and B4A are available there.

Give it a go...

ssg

Licensed User
Longtime User
The game you linked force closes everytime on bionic. I sent the force close report to you.

Hi,

Thank you for the feedback. Some devices recently have been having force closes, I am not sure if it is the Leadbolt library or the Airpush one. But only seems to happen to certain devices.

Thanks for submitting the feedback, I'll have a look.

Cheers!

Omar

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Omar,

Thank you for the kind words.

Leadbolt has already made their own library for B4A. Create an account with them, then click on Help/FAQ link on their site. Then select App Developer Framework. Libraries for PhoneGap and B4A are available there.

Give it a go...

Thanks very much ssg.

I signed up through your referral so I will check this out.

ssg

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks very much ssg.

I signed up through your referral so I will check this out.

Thanks for the support Omar.
Do ask away if you need any help with the libraries or their ad types.

Another sign that Leadbolt are serious about their developers, a day after I posted this thread, I received an email from my accounts manager thanking for bringing this up here (and also for the good review :D ) , and I did not even tell him that I have posted this thread.

It shows that they do monitor what goes on in regards to their site/business. :sign0142:

Cheers all!

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
@ssg

Just to let you know that I really appreciate your efforts in writing these libraries for various ad-suppliers. :sign0188: :sign0098:

For the time being, I am still with AdMob because I have only one application in the market and with this app I really don't want to add more "aggressive" ads such as Leadbolt or Airpush.

However, when I find some time, I will make some other apps (I have some ideas) and with those I will surely use your libraries.

ssg

Licensed User
Longtime User
@ssg

Just to let you know that I really appreciate your efforts in writing these libraries for various ad-suppliers. :sign0188: :sign0098:

For the time being, I am still with AdMob because I have only one application in the market and with this app I really don't want to add more "aggressive" ads such as Leadbolt or Airpush.

However, when I find some time, I will make some other apps (I have some ideas) and with those I will surely use your libraries.

:D Thank you... wishing you all the best too!! If you do make the move, do provide some feedback...

Just a pointer, the Leadbolt library is not created by me though... it is by Leadbolt themselves. Cheers!

ssg

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all,

How is everyone doing with leadbolt?

Hope you are having some success with them.

Just to highlight, the revenue from leadbolt can fluctuate quite a bit from day to day. So if you see a sudden drop in your revenue, just be patient, it will pick up again soon.

For example, this past week, I earned $61 in one day from them, then the next 2 days were $10 and $11. It picks up again after a couple of days.

Hope you are doing well with their ads!

Cheers!

thedesolatesoul

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
For example, this past week, I earned $61 in one day from them, then the next 2 days were $10 and $11. It picks up again after a couple of days.

You are joking right? How many apps do you have to generate that amount?
That is really awesome.
Since you are the real ad-man here, it would be useful if you write a post on your experiences with ad services in a couple of months. You know with graphs and stuff ;)

ssg

Licensed User
Longtime User
You are joking right? How many apps do you have to generate that amount?
That is really awesome.
Since you are the real ad-man here, it would be useful if you write a post on your experiences with ad services in a couple of months. You know with graphs and stuff ;)

Well.. no kidding there... i'll try to get some images up on the graph growth... whats more interesting, these days airpush is giving between $20-$30 a day... :D

I have a total of 23 apps on the market, of which about half of them are the main money makers. It helps that 2 of my apps are pretty highly ranked in their keyword categories, and another 2 are quite well ranked too...

As you've suggested, I think i will write up some advice / experiences I've had along the way. Wait up for the post yo!

Cheers!

thedesolatesoul

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Well.. no kidding there... i'll try to get some images up on the graph growth... whats more interesting, these days airpush is giving between $20-$30 a day... :D
I'm having a hard time believing this. Is this per app or combined all apps per day?
I must say I am happy that people are actually making money from ads!
btw...how did u get those high rankings?

ssg

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm having a hard time believing this. Is this per app or combined all apps per day?
I must say I am happy that people are actually making money from ads!
btw...how did u get those high rankings?

I wish it was per app... i'd quit my day job! hahaha... it is combined total. I will post the graphs up soon.

I am not sure how I'd make anyone believe this can be done, unless I give my username and password for the login :p

High ranks -> NICHE! Really, this should be the focus. Then there are many other "secrets" of doing it.. LOL! ok ok... not quite secret. Those top apps of mine have more than 30k downloads each in total, nothing great really, but daily they get between 100 and 200 downloads.

Do you know about what is called the "just-in" marketing strategy? It helped me get the downloads back then... too bad the new market updates have removed the just in lists...

I'll share as much as I can... shhh... keep it inside B4A forums though! :D

thedesolatesoul

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I wish it was per app... i'd quit my day job! hahaha... it is combined total. I will post the graphs up soon.
You have a day job?!! where do u find so much time to write 23 apps?

High ranks -> NICHE! Really, this should be the focus. Then there are many other "secrets" of doing it.. LOL! ok ok... not quite secret. Those top apps of mine have more than 30k downloads each in total, nothing great really, but daily they get between 100 and 200 downloads.

Do you know about what is called the "just-in" marketing strategy? It helped me get the downloads back then... too bad the new market updates have removed the just in lists...

I'll share as much as I can... shhh... keep it inside B4A forums though! :D
niche: Problem is my time to market is so long, someone else fills my niche ;)

also the just-in strategy was good, you could just update you app and it goes into the just-in list. but now they have trending and others...has that made it worse?

dont worry i wont share anything until i make my money!!! ;)

ssg

Licensed User
Longtime User
You have a day job?!! where do u find so much time to write 23 apps?

The question should be: Where do you find the time to sleep?

LOL! I guess all those nights sleeping at 4am and waking up at 6am for work is finally paying off :D Sheesh... I just realised I havent been half this hardworking for my day job!

niche: Problem is my time to market is so long, someone else fills my niche ;)

also the just-in strategy was good, you could just update you app and it goes into the just-in list. but now they have trending and others...has that made it worse?

dont worry i wont share anything until i make my money!!! ;)

I've had 2 apps in the trending list so far. One was on page 8 of the web market. It did not have any impact on further downloads.

Another was on page 4, and that did have some effect on downloads while it was in that list.

Trending lists are not easy to get into. So comparatively, just in list was a better option for exposure.

ssg

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi folks... just received a mail from my leadbolt AM, he said their B4A library had some issue (which was pointed out to them by one of our forumer... way to go!!!)...

They have since updated their library on their site. Please re-download that library for use in your apps.... cheers!