B4A Library StartApp Ads

Hi,

Attached is the StartApp ads wrapper library. It is a network doing icon ads, and is one of the options of widget and live wallpaper developers.

To sign up, if you haven't, please use my referral link. You'll get $25 once you hit 100 new installs of the ad, and I too get some bonus :D

Here is the link:
StartApp - Developer Register

Download the SDK from startapp. Follow their steps for the manifest.

In the libs tab of B4A, check both MESStartapp and the Startapp SDK too.

Let me know of any issues.

*Note: The ad can only be added to an activity
*Note: Their dashboard is only updated once a day, so stats are only visible once it is about 00:30 GMT

Good luck!

PS - Remember the referral link :p

Attachments

• startapp.zip
    2.2 KB · Views: 473

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you Bill. I just registered through your link. Hope we will make a lot of money :D

MaxApps

Licensed User
Longtime User
Signed up, using your link.
I will test with one of my smaller apps.

Kind regards
Jakob

MaxApps

Licensed User
Longtime User
I cannot get it to work.
I installed the sdk and your files to my extra lib folder.
Checked both messtartapp and startappsdk in the libs tab.

added the the following to manifest editor:

B4X:
AddApplicationText(
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERNET"/>
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_WIFI_STATE"/>
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE"/>
<uses-permission android:name="com.android.browser.permission.WRITE_HISTORY_BOOKMARKS"/>
<uses-permission android:name="com.android.browser.permission.READ_HISTORY_BOOKMARKS"/>
<uses-permission android:name="com.android.launcher.permission.INSTALL_SHORTCUT"/>
<uses-permission android:name="com.android.launcher.permission.UNINSTALL_SHORTCUT"/>
<uses-permission android:name="com.android.launcher.permission.READ_SETTINGS"/>
<uses-permission android:name="com.htc.launcher.permission.READ_SETTINGS"/>
<uses-permission android:name="com.motorola.launcher.permission.READ_SETTINGS"/>
<uses-permission android:name="com.motorola.dlauncher.permission.READ_SETTINGS"/>
<uses-permission android:name="com.fede.launcher.permission.READ_SETTINGS"/>
<uses-permission android:name="com.lge.launcher.permission.READ_SETTINGS"/>
<uses-permission android:name="org.adw.launcher.permission.READ_SETTINGS"/>
<uses-permission android:name="com.motorola.launcher.permission.INSTALL_SHORTCUT"/>
<uses-permission android:name="com.motorola.dlauncher.permission.INSTALL_SHORTCUT"/>
<uses-permission android:name="com.lge.launcher.permission.INSTALL_SHORTCUT"/>

<service android:enabled="true" android:name="com.apperhand.device.android.AndroidSDKProvider"/>

<activity android:name="com.apperhand.device.android.EULAActivity"
android:theme="@android:style/Theme.Translucent"
android:configChanges="keyboard|keyboardHidden|orientation" />

<meta-data android:name="com.startapp.android.DEV_ID" android:value= "102562527"/>
<meta-data android:name="com.startapp.android.APP_ID" android:value= "202807072"/>
)

added the following to the app:

B4X:
Sub Globals
Dim sta As MESStartapp

sub Activity_Create(FirstTime as Boolean)
sta.initialize

and

The app starts with the EULA and I press accept, but it does not install the shortcut.

What am I doing wrong?

Kind regards
Jakob

Last edited:

ssg

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Jakob,

Thanks a bunch for the sign up :D

As for the icon not showing, have you previously installed any app with startapp in it?

I noticed that I installed the first app with startapp, I did get the icon, but 2nd app onwards there were no more icons showing up.

Maybe it only installs once per device?

I've written to Ariel of startapp on this, waiting for his reply.

StartApps representative

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hey everyone,

My name is kfir and I am an account manager at startapp.

ssg- First of all thank you for sharing your information regarding StartApp with others, I am sure they will be very thankful when they will join Startapp and integrate our SDK in their Apps. StartApp enables you to generate a lot of money while keeping your app "clean" from adds.
ssg you where right when you said that when you installed the second app another icon wasn't installed. We do not want to install another search icon on a device that already has one. StartApp keeps in mind that the end users don't need the same icon installed multiple times. This doesn't change the fact that developers still generate some money from returning users.

Jakob- If you still have any technical issues you are more than welcomed to PM me or send ma an email at [email protected]

Our website is very detailed so you are welcomed to visit it as well at StartApp

Thank you,

kfir

MaxApps

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Kfir

All is working fine. I have added the SDK in one of my smaller apps, to test it out.
So far it looks good.
The only not so good thing is the permissions needed for different devices. Even though it is actually just a few permissions, that has to be added for different devices, it ends up with 22 all in all. That can scare users away.

Kind regards
Jakob

ssg

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Kfir,

Thanks for the confirmation.

I've got some referrals who have more than 400 downloads already on day 1, yet, the bonus page shows "under 100 downloads". Its been more than 48h, and no update has come in. I believe they have not received their $25 bonus, neither is it reflected on my screen too.

Could you please have a look at this.

Thanks.

kilof

Hi!
How often dashboards is refreshing by startapp?? I have added app today, but i can not see any installs.

Alberto Vilades

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi

SSG, you say this

To sign up, if you haven't, please use my referral link. You'll get $25 once you hit 100 new installs of the ad, and I too get some bonus :D

I used the link but the page has said that only $ 0.05 per install.

Why?

best regard and sorry for my english!

Alberto

ssg

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Alberto,

You will get the bonus $25 once you have 100 installs. This is additional to what your app generates.

So yes, each install from your app for US user will be $0.05, but once you have over 100 installs, startapp should give you extra $25.

Hope that clarifies it.

Cheers!
-Bill

melamoud

Licensed User
Longtime User
does this SDK change the default browser home page ?

hi,

Does this ad based SDK change the user home page ?

this sound really bad , isnt it ?
I have seen no option to change that when adding an app, am I wrong ?

thanks

kurng

Licensed User
Longtime User
StartApp have new features.

Can use old lib ? and How

If it can 't Pl help

Thk all

VAQ

Licensed User
Longtime User
I installed everything, but when I open Basic4Android, I get the message "Missing jar file for library: StartAppSearchSDK-1.0.19.xml". Seems that it is not included in your zip file.