Probability

derez

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Following the work and using parts of Stellaferox http://www.b4x.com/forum/share-your-creations/4914-quick-statistics-application.html#post28460 I decided to build a Probability library and here it is.

The library caculates the Probability density and commulative functions of:
Normal, ChiSquare, Student, Fisher F, Rayleigh, Binomial, Geometric, Poisson and Exponential.
It also includes Random Number Generators with some of the distributions (as B4ppc has only uniform distribution random numbers), and some mathematical functions that are related to distributions: Beta, Gamma, Factorial and Double Factorial, NChooseK

I did some testing but I'm not sure that there are no errors and bugs, so I'll appreciate feedback.

The file includes dll, cs, help and demo.

If anyone feels that an important distribution is missing - please tell me and I'll try to add it.

Shana Tova ! :)

Edit: version 1.2 - Erlang distribution added.

Attachments

• probability1.3.zip
    31.4 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

joseluis

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks! Your update made me notice your library. It may be useful for my project. :)

derez

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The prince arrived to wake up the sleeping beauty !
Let me know if there is anything I can help with :)

joseluis

Licensed User
Longtime User
What do you mean by that, agraham? I'm certainly a new user, but I knew exactly where and what I wanted to write.

mjcoon

Licensed User
What do you mean by that, agraham? I'm certainly a new user, but I knew exactly where and what I wanted to write.

Check the navigation trail at the head of the page:
Android Development Forum - Basic4android > Basic4ppc > Code Samples & Tips > Additional Libraries

Although it says "Android " twice, this is cancelled by the one "Basic4ppc". Agreed it's not very logical...

Mike.

joseluis

Licensed User
Longtime User
You are absolutely right!! I'm sorry, derez, I didn't read the breadcrumb well enough and assumed your library was for basic4android. :eek:

Indeed it can be a little confusing. If basic4android gets more popular (which I hope and think will do) it may be useful to separate both forums.

derez

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
If you want the code in B4A - I have it as well, send me a private msg.