How to create scope

Scantech

Licensed User
Longtime User
Do we have any examples on creating Oscilloscope. Can someone point me to the right direction. Thanks.

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Could you be more presise on what you mean with Oscilloscope.
- Plotting static graphics of results ?
- True Oscilloscope with timing functions etc. ?

The first one is easier, can be done with Erel's Charts Framework or with a specific code.
The second is a project on it's own, but could be done.
The only problems I see at the moment would be the sampling frequency and timing accuracy.
What sampling frequency would you expect ?
How do you get the values to measure ?

Best regards.

Upvote 0

Scantech

Licensed User
Longtime User
Could you be more presise on what you mean with Oscilloscope.
- Plotting static graphics of results ?
- True Oscilloscope with timing functions etc. ?

The first one is easier, can be done with Erel's Charts Framework or with a specific code.
The second is a project on it's own, but could be done.
The only problems I see at the moment would be the sampling frequency and timing accuracy.
What sampling frequency would you expect ?
How do you get the values to measure ?

Best regards.

Something like Oscilloscope with adjustable time division. I get anywhere from 4-25 Sensors Data per second from the bluetooth device. I need to draw a line across x-Axis which represents Time and the Y-Axis represents units of measurement (Sensors Value). I will be plotting one sensor at a time. The Y-Axis value will vary depending on which sensors are selected. The Far Left of the Y-Axis will have a label showing min to max value. The timing does not have to be spot on. Get Sensor data and plot it to the scope with adjustable time division would be nice thing to do. I am sure it can be done in B4A and a big challenge for me. I was hoping I get it the easy way. :)

Upvote 0

Tom Christman

Licensed User
Longtime User
I wrote a scope example using the IOIO input board from SparkFun you might look at. It's is crude, but might give you some ideas. Search IOIO Scope.....Tom Christman

Upvote 0

Scantech

Licensed User
Longtime User
I wrote a scope example using the IOIO input board from SparkFun you might look at. It's is crude, but might give you some ideas. Search IOIO Scope.....Tom Christman

Thank you all. I will look into the IOIO. I saw the screenshot. It might be something I am looking for. Thanks Tom.

Upvote 0