ioio bluetooth and device 00:00 ID issue

jimseng

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi.
I have been trying to connect my phone to my ioio via bluetooth. My phone can't see the ioio when scanning but my laptop can (and so can another older htc phone I have) I read this thread that seems to suggest it is a bug in the phone's bluetooth stack. Zorn Software » Blog Archive » Pairing SPP bluetooth devices with Android phones - Simplicity is the Essence of Good Design When I plugged my bluetooth dongle into
I think this is my problem since my laptop sees the ioio as IOIO(00:00)

Has anyone else seen this/solved it?

jimseng

Licensed User
Longtime User
Update:
Bluetooth class zero app! At first it couldn't see my device but after a reboot of the phone it did (and a couple of vlingo crashes) I bought a cheap dongle from Amazo. I hope this helps someone but it would be interesting if there is a better way to fix this silly hardware issue. Loving ioio and the library!

Upvote 0

Dodge

Dude. I love you.

I have been struggling with my Pantech Breakout for the past 9 hours. I wasn't able to get my shiny new IOIO to work via bluetooth or USB cable. The bluetooth wouldn't detect. I gave up on that and started in on the USB. Apparently the Breakout has a USB hub which makes it incompatible with the IOIO... I came across your thread by searching Google for "ioio can't pair bluetooth". I installed Bluetooth Class Zero and rebooted as you did. Worked like a charm! I'm paired, and now can move on with learning.

You saved me a trip to the Verizon store. I was going to return this phone and get a different one... One that is on 'the list of working phones'. For that, I seriously thank you. (I despise the Verizon store!)
:sign0188:

Upvote 0