Basic4android v2.00 second beta is released

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
See this link for more information about v2.00:
http://www.b4x.com/forum/basic4andr.../18630-basic4android-v2-00-beta-released.html

The second beta fixes several bugs and also adds:
- Support for libraries with additional resources (Zooz, PayPal, Samsung Note Pen and others).
- Me keyword can be used in Activities, Services and classes. Me keyword is useful to handle call back modules.
- Different modules icons.

Dear beta testers, please use the same link to download the new version. The version in About box is v1.96.

I hope that v2.00 will be released in several days. So please do not hesitate and post any issue that you encounter. Thank you very much!

XverhelstX

Licensed User
Longtime User
- Support for libraries with additional resources (Zooz, PayPal, Samsung Note Pen and others).

OMG! This is great Erel! :D
Can't wait to finish these libs!
Is it possible to add me as beta-tester Erel? ;)

And what about that Try-Catch bug I read somewhere (i think).
Is it solved too?

Thanks a lot
Tomas

Upvote 0

metrick

Licensed User
Longtime User
Support for libraries with additional resources (Zooz, PayPal, Samsung Note Pen and others)

Sweet features! Thanks...

Upvote 0

Ricky D

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yay!

I have downloaded it and tested the crucial bit I needed - the Try Catch block problem and it now compiles.

Also the tab icons in the IDE are very handy.

Many thanks to you Erel & team.

I never would have got myself an android phone if it wasn't for this software.
I did try to learn java but for me it's a bridge too far on the limited time I have to put into it. With the little time I have I can build myself good stuff using B4A.

I thought I would have been stuck on Windows Mobile and whilst Silverlight was ok the support for it wasn't so good.

Not to mention that they limit you to how many apps you can deploy and of course the yearly fee.

So all in all many thanks again to you Erel and also the community here.

regards, Ricky

Upvote 0

corwin42

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hmm, I still have problems to understand the "Me" reference.

I have a class and in its Initialize() Sub I want to add some views to my activity. Additionally I want to call an "Event" Sub in my Activity.

I thought I just can pass the "Me" reference to the Initialize() sub. The Problem is that I cannot use the Me reference for a Activity Type (ClassCastException).

If I pass the Activity object to the Initialize() Sub I can add my views but I can't use the Activity reference in SubExists().

So currently I have to pass both, the "Me" reference and the "Activity" reference to my class. Is this correct or can I somehow get the Activity object from the Me reference?

What is the exact difference between the "Me" reference of an activity and the Activity object?

Example project attached.

Edit: Example removed. See here for the example class

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ricky D

Licensed User
Longtime User
Using a class can we throw an event back to the activity that calls it?

Also what is the me keyword used for? Any examples?

Regards, Ricky

Upvote 0

corwin42

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, have a look at my SlideMenu example. The Me reference is passed to the initialize sub and stored in a class variable. Then when the user selects an item in the menu the click event is passed back to the activity with SubExists() and CallSub(). You need the Me reference for this.

Upvote 0

Ricky D

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'd love to see how you do it. What sort of variable is it?

Regards, Ricky

Upvote 0