Map problem

ukimiku

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am trying to put into a map a key/value pair for which the key is of type string and the value is of type Big Integer (from the Big Numbers library v.1.00):
B4X:
dim m as map
dim bi as BigInteger

m.Initialize
m.clear
bi.Initialize("12")

m.put("3", bi)

Android complains at runtime: "Object should first be initialized: Big Integer". But obviously, bi has been initialized (the debugger confirms this). The documentation for "map" says that the value in the key/value pair can be any object. A Big Integer is an object. What do I need to do in order to make it work?

Thank you.
Regards,

mc73

Licensed User
Longtime User
Don't know why this is happening, but you can try putting bi.toString alternatively.

Upvote 0

ukimiku

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for confirming.

To me, this seems to be a bug, but I can't say whether it's in the map routines or in the Big Integers library. I have, for now, resorted to putting the string representation of the big integer into the map (just as you suggested), but that's also a performance penalty since I am invoking "ToString" quite a number of times.

Regards,

Upvote 0

ukimiku

Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel, could you please take a look at the code above and comment on the problem? Is it a map bug? Related to Big Integers? Thank you.

Regards,

Upvote 0

ukimiku

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you.

Regards,

Upvote 0