Facebook - posting from B4A app

tdocs2

Licensed User
Longtime User
Please refer to post 101679 posted by NJDude and pointing to VB1992 posting to an actual application sample to post a message to the wall on Facebook. Thank you both for all of your contributions. Brilliant.

http://www.b4x.com/forum/basic4andr...ost-facebook-wall-via-b4a-app.html#post101679

I used the app written by VB1992 (with credits to Steve05, NJDude and Erel), and I got it to work. The part I struggled with was the creation of the Facebook app (which I managed to do thanks to NJDude posting - 101679). I modified the VB1992 app to use date and time to be able to differentiate multiple postings.

These are the issues/problems which I cannot seem to solve:

1. How postings appear on Wall
The postings from the VB1992 app, appear on the Facebook wall (mine and others) with my Facebook name via my Facebook app name. I would like only my Facebook app name to appear and not my Facebook name.

2. Permission from User to post
I tried to post to other Facebook users (by first logging out my name and then logging in under their name in the android tablets I use for testing) who did not have me as a "friend" nor my Facebook app authorized and the VB1992 app indicates that the message was posted when it should have asked for authorization... The message was not posted to the intended account, but instead, the messages were posted to my member account.

Help please.

Thank you.

Last edited: