Problems with b4a 2.30

dunski

Licensed User
Longtime User
Problems with b4a 2.30
Bear in mind that I haven't written any new code to my app and it was working perfectly!

I never installed the beta and just installed the new version yesterday and Im getting null pointer exception on adding a panel to a scrollview which is code i wrote months ago .

Also error telling me I must initialize a listview which I have Already initilaized!
This is also code I wrote months ago.

And I dont know how far these runtime errors are going to go on because that is only the tip of the iceberg, My app is about 6000 lines of code long.

Please tell me at least I can easily go back to the previous version untill this gets sorted out.

Best regards,
Don

margret

Licensed User
Longtime User
B4A is not a very large program when it comes to Windows. I have every version installed from 1.6 to 2.3 on my system. I have all the extralibs installed to a common folder. I have never had an issue with this and can run any version I want. Just be sure to install each in it's own directory.

Also, in 2.3 make sure to use the Clean Project and then try to compile again and see if the errors are still there.

Upvote 0

dunski

Licensed User
Longtime User
This Version of B4A is NOT stable!!

Margaret,

Thank you for offering your advice.

It seems indeed that I will have to revert back to the previous version of B4A.

Apart from getting the 2 errors "Null pointer Exception" and Listview not initialized" My app is also now loading up only 2 of the 4 tabs it should be loading up of the Tab host view.

These following code snipetts worked perfectly in the previous versions.

B4X:
scrollView1.Panel.LoadLayout("panelLayout")
This throws a null pointer exception

and...
B4X:
 listView1.Clear
this is giving me a another runtime error "Listview must be initialized"
Beleive me, It is initialized!

I will go back to the previous version until I have assurance this has been sorted out.

Regards,
Don

Upvote 0

dunski

Licensed User
Longtime User
Version 2.30 is Definitely not stable

Just want to confirm the instability of this version.

I have just reinstalled B4A version 2.25 and my app works like a dream

Best regards,
Don

Upvote 0

jmeuse2

Licensed User
Longtime User
Initializing 'listView1' does not initialiize 'ListView1'.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I847 using Tapatalk 2

Upvote 0

dunski

Licensed User
Longtime User
That was not actually the code i wrote 4 months ago which has been working perfectly all that time until I installed version 2.30

That is just an explanatory sample of code.

I have reinstalled B4A Version 2.25 and everything is working perfect.

I am presuming you didn't read my last post where I stated this.

But thanks jmeuse2 for the suggestion.
Much appreciated.

:sign0089:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you. This is indeed a bug in v2.30. It happens because you are loading a layout to a panel that doesn't yet have a known size. The workaround (and the more correct way) is to first add the ScrollView to its parent and then load the layout to the panel. The unknown size causes the layout designer scripts to fail.
It will be fixed in the next update (a warning will be displayed in the logs).

Upvote 0

dunski

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you. This is indeed a bug in v2.30. It happens because you are loading a layout to a panel that doesn't yet have a known size. The workaround (and the more correct way) is to first add the ScrollView to its parent and then load the layout to the panel. The result is that the layout designer scripts will fail in that case.

It will be fixed in the next update (a warning will be displayed in the logs).

No problem
Thank you Erel.
Don

Upvote 0