I'm very happy to release Basic4android v2.52. This version includes many important new features and improvements. The focus in this update is on large projects.
- Compilation time in debug mode is similar to compilation in release mode.
- Many performance and memory related improvements in the IDE. The IDE should be much more responsive (some of the improvements will only be applied after you first save the project with the new version).
- Compile to library. This feature allows you to reuse components and break large projects into smaller projects.
- Module attributes.
- Custom build actions - See the attributes tutorial.
- Native support for Google maps (requires Android 3+).
- Sign key signatures are displayed in the key dialog.
- List Permissions button in compilation window - Lists the permissions and the objects that added them.
- Quotes in string literals - Double quotes in string literals will be treated as a single quote:
Log("Hello ""world""") 'Will log: Hello "World"
- RemovePermission keyword in the manifest editor.
- DateTime.DateTimeParse keyword - Combination of DateParse and TimeParse.
- SQL - Asynchronous queries and asynchronous batch inserts.
- Contacts2.GetContactsAsync - Asynchronously retrieve contacts information.
- Accessibility library.
- Bug fixes and other minor improvements.
All customers who are eligible for a free update should receive a mail with update instructions. Other customers will receive a mail with a discount offer.
Please allow up to 24 hours for the mail to arrive.
I want to thank all the customers who helped with the beta version, and also all the members of this great community!
Edit: Basic4android v2.52 is now available to all users who received version 2.50. You can use the same link as before. This update fixes several IDE issues as well as an issue related to user types in library compilation mode.