CustomDialog, how to fill 100%?

tchart

Licensed User
Longtime User
Agraham,

Im using your Dialogs library. Im adding a view (specifically the xnObject grid) which I would like to fill the entire custom dialog..

The grid is 400 pixels wide but for some reason the width of the CustomDialog is larger. I can never fill the entire dialog with the contents of the grid.

Ive tried CustomDialog and CustomeDialog2.

CustomDialog leaves a gap (160 pixels) on the right of the grid.

CustomDialog2 centres the grid but there are still gaps (80 pixels) on either side of the grid.

Is there a way to fill the dialog?

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't see any problem in just making the Panel big enough.

Attachments

• device-2013-05-08-124031.png
    device-2013-05-08-124031.png
    13.9 KB · Views: 545
Upvote 0

tchart

Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

Inman

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, exactly the same problem as Inman posted.

Whether I add my grid to a pnael or directly to the dialog I get gaps on the right or either side (depending on whether i use CustomDialog 1 or 2).

Inman, did you find a fix for this? Im reading the thread now.

No I didn't. I think it is a device specific issue which is probably why agraham doesn't have it. My device is Asus Transformer 10" tablet, running Android 4.0.4.

Upvote 0

carivon43

Licensed User
Longtime User
Custom Dialogs

Hello ! every one. I think the problem come from this command: Dialogue.Show("","OUI", "Annuler", "Non", Null) . As you can see, I leave the Title empty. It work correctly that way. You just add a label if you want to have a title . Hope it's help

Yvon

Upvote 0

tchart

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello ! every one. I think the problem come from this command: Dialogue.Show("","OUI", "Annuler", "Non", Null) . As you can see, I leave the Title empty. It work correctly that way. You just add a label if you want to have a title . Hope it's help

Yvon

Thanks Carivon. Thats seems to work (see below)

Initially it didnt help when I had 400x400 but when I made it 90%x/90%y it consumes the entire dialog. I will do some more tests.

attachment.php

Inman, I think you may be correct about it being device specific.

Attachments

• export_01b.png
    export_01b.png
    95.6 KB · Views: 911
Upvote 0

tchart

Licensed User
Longtime User
Confirmed, as soon as I add title text the padding is introduced.

Also, it seems to be a problem with the dialog and not the view/panel. The view/panel appear to be the correct dimensions but the dialog is not the correct width.

The attached images are the exact same code (apart from the title). Notice how the grid is consistent in size.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-05-09-10-46-10.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-05-09-10-46-10.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 280
  • Screenshot_2013-05-09-10-48-45.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-05-09-10-48-45.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 267
Upvote 0