Source Code Folders On The Device

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
Would/Is it possible to store our source code in a folder within another folder on the device?

I'm wanting to create a folder called "B4PPC" then two seperate folders within this called "My Apps" and "Forum Apps", further still I would like to create seperate folders for each app that I create.

At present I appear to only be able to access the first level folder to open source files.

Regards,
RandomCoder

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
From my experience, the device openfiledialog only scouts one folder level.

I've tryed this tree, B4ppc\projects\myproject and it only listed files in b4ppc...
I don't think this is a b4ppc related issue, and i also wish that we could just replace the opendialog, or change its properties in order to increased the scouting levels....

P.S.: RandomCoder, Glad to see you're in your way up to veteran!!

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks CableGuy, but I'm quite happy being back at my former 'Senior' level :sign0060:
I'm gonna try my hand at SQL next as that appears to be quite a hot subject which I've never tried using before.

But back to the initial topic... I've seen a view apps created in B4PPC that show the folders in a tree view.
Could we not have this type of option to chose the folder to look in when loading a B4PPC source file on the device?
I know that it's almost there already but it only allows folders in the first level to be viewed.
I'd like to view the next level or better still the level after that i.e.

B4PPC\MyApps\SpatMaster\Splat Master.sbp

I should think that it's possible to do, but is it worthy of the next version??

Regards,
RandomCoder

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Great find, I'll try later on the day and comment...

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok, so the link take's us to a page that contains the link to the author's page...in japaneese....
After a few minutes I found the reference to the change dialog file and downloaded the zip file, directly in the device....
The zip file only contains a text file in jp and three folder for three processors, Arm, SH, and MIPS. Inside each I found only a .cpl file, what should I do with it?
A quick web search returned that cpl files are control panel ones and shoul be stored in the Windows\system dir but the ppc dir doesn't contain any of these files...Help!!!

specci48

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Cableguy,

I had done some posts about the filedialogchanger in the old forum...

Copy the filedlgchg.cpl (arm version) and the gsgetfile.dll into the windows folder of your Qtek9000. I don't remember if a softreset is needed.
After that, check your "system settings", a new icon for the filedialogchanger appeard. You can enable or disable the filedialogchanger, or define some exceptional applications which should not use this feature at all.

specci48

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks,

Got it working...too bad it alway starts in \My Docs....

specci48

Licensed User
Longtime User
Not quite elegant, but if you want to preselect a folder, e.g.

B4X:
SaveDialog.File="/My Documents/MyFiles/"
before using SaveDialog.Show and the the folder MyFiles is preselected.

The only disadvantage: the folder name is also preselected as the filename, so you have to overtype it every time :(

specci48

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
Now Thats What I Was Talking About!!!!

:sign0162:
Thanks for sharing this great little util with us. I downloaded it the day you posted the link but have been busy ever since. The installation advice was also really helpful, doubt I'd have sussed it myself (being unable to understand any language other than English).

Whilst searching for the "gsgetfile.dll" (didn't realise that this was a separate download on the same site) I came across this info...posted by Mivec
Windows Mobile 5 PocketPC with gsGetFile.dll, the tool which it tries to be able to access to the file other than the folder below My Documents. The software which uses the file selective dialogue of PocketPC standard almost it corresponds.
For example PocketExcel "acquiring name, also replacement of retention" dialogue is possible. * The software which uses individual file selective dialogue is outside the object. * If gsGetFile.dll international edition is used, it is enabled with language.
1. Filedlgchg.cpl is copied in the Windows folder of installation method PPC. In addition other way gsGetFile.dll the system folder is copied (\Windows and the like). It can procure gsGetFile.dll international edition from below URL. (It is the expectation which operates even with gsGetFile.dll which is open other than this.) Http: //www.geocities.co.jp/SiliconValley-Cupertino/2039/gsgetfile-i.zip
2. FileDialogChanger is executed from the system tub of the use methodological control panel. When [ Exchange Standard File Dialog ] is checked, it replaces with the file selective dialogue gsGetFile.dll of standard. * File selection dialogue replacement until check is cancelled, is effective. Resetting, it continues, [ it can appoint application k Shaun who does not do file selection dialogue replacement with Exceptional Applications ].
3. FileDialogChanger is executed from the system tub of the un installation methodological control panel. ? [ The check of Exchange Standard File Dialog ] is removed. ? [ Exceptional Applications ] is deleted entirely. Filedlgchg.cpl is deleted. 4. File selective dialogue after the thanks replacing has designated gsGetFile.DLL of Y.Nagamidori compilation as the base. We appreciate in Y.Nagamidori which useful ライプラリ gratuitously is released.
5. The writer (ホーミン) you keep the copyright of this software such as notice. This program is the free software. If there is no utilization, duplication with private use of this software and redistribution (reprinting) alteration etc. of contents, being free, it is possible to do freely.
It is due to the use of this program, vis-a-vis whatever damage, the writer does not owe responsibility. We ask utilization on responsibility of the individual. As for operation report and bug report ([email protected]) to.
6. Modification career 2002/04/05 [ V1.00 ] first release 2002/04/17 [ V1.10 it modified ] program constitution, installation/at the time of un installation made reset unnecessary.
In addition detailed correction.
2002/06/17 [ V1.11 it corresponds to the case where DLL which calls ] file dialogue is delayed is loaded.
Supporting the file execution from command line 2002/07/01 [ V1.12 adding ] permanent station mode 2002/09/03 [ V1.20 it tried to do the hook of the ] shell, the operation every of application unnecessary made.
Language correspondence other than Japanese (the international edition compilation of gsGetFile.dll)
2002/09/12 [ V1.21 correcting the fact that ] MIPS edition normally has stopped operating. The time when it requires for the hook (almost instantaneously) shortening.
2003/12/14 [ V1.22 at the time of ] installation it tried to be able to register to startup. When starting from startup way message is not indicated, modification. 2004/02/26 [ V1.30 ] gsGetFile.dll international edition Ver.0.05 β suitably Ver.Up. Method of the hook was modified, cord/code size was reduced.
2004/02/27 [ V1.31 processing of the ] hook correcting the fact that the part bug っ て it is.
2004/07/18 [ V1.40 exe modifying ] file constitution independently, it made file size small. GsGetFile.dll international it stopped bundled of edition. 2004/08/07 [ V1.41 correcting the fact that illegitimate message it is indicatory when starting from ] startup. Way PPC2003SE warning message when installing is not made, correction. 2004/11/09 [ V1.50 the application which does not replace ] file dialogue was made setting possible. Control panel the to applet it converted.
2005/11/13 [ V1.60 the compilation for ] WM5 2006/01/03 [ V1.61 at the time of ] reset correcting the fact that setting of file replacement has become invalid 2006/04/03 [ V1.65 ] WM5 edition unification of version of time before the that (ARM edition even with WM5 operation)
Thanks Mivec, but to cut a long story short, I think its trying to state that its WM5 compatible??

Regards,
RandomCoder

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I can testify for that it is wm5 COMPATIBLE......

Chester Wilson

Licensed User
Longtime User
Tracking down the elusive filedlgchg.dll

Thanks for that, but the address to get filedlgchg in the last post has changed. Ended up in a japanese yahoo page which stayed japanese (and indeed stayed the same!) whatever highlighted thing I clicked.

Please can you let us know where you managed to get it from?