Device Administration lib

salmander

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi All,

As many of us are looking for a method in Basic4android which bypasses a Android native Lock Screen or replace Lock Screen. A library needs to be developed for Device Administration API. I know there is a method to display the Activity before the lockscreen but it doesn't surely replaces it. Can any senior members help develop this please? :sign0085:

Thanks

salmander

Licensed User
Longtime User
This API is not for standard applications. It is for administration of devices in an enterprise environment.
Thanks for the reply Erel. I am developing an app, which does require Administration services.

Cheers.

rbsoft

Licensed User
Longtime User
Not really an answer - but I need to bypass the lockscreen too!

Some apps are able to do that, my SipGate app (SIP telephony) or Skype for example. It seems to me that these are using some sort or workaround to put the activity as topmost of the ZOrder. In both cases when you finish the call and close the app you land on the lockscreen.

Is there some sort of way to use that too? That would be a perfect solution for me.

Rolf

salmander

Licensed User
Longtime User
Not really an answer - but I need to bypass the lockscreen too!

Some apps are able to do that, my SipGate app (SIP telephony) or Skype for example. It seems to me that these are using some sort or workaround to put the activity as topmost of the ZOrder. In both cases when you finish the call and close the app you land on the lockscreen.

Is there some sort of way to use that too? That would be a perfect solution for me.

Rolf
If you are looking for a solution for displaying your activity over the lockscreen then there are solutions here. See this But what I am looking for is replacing the LockScreen by an activity of my own...or disabling the lockscreen if certain conditions are met. An example would be "Wifi Unlock" app. However, in order to do this, we need "Device Administration" class to be converted to b4a library. Erel, is there any ETA for this please? Or is anyone working on this already? I tried following the library tutorial and following on to this, but got lost almost immediately after I started, clearly I don't have any Java experience.

rbsoft

Licensed User
Longtime User
Great - I am going to try that out!
Thanks for the quick reply.

The quality of this forum is certainly one of the greatest advantages of B4A.

Rolf

salmander

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel, Thank you so much for this library. I can resume working on my existing project, which depended on this library. But
Note that it doesn't allow you to change the lock screen or to use a custom activity instead of the standard lock screen.
Is it not yet implemented in B4A version of the library? or this feature is not supported at all in this library?

thank you ever so much. :)

Francisco Asencio

Licensed User
Longtime User
The quality of this forum is certainly one of the greatest advantages of B4A.
Rolf

I am just a beginner but already had noticed this. I back up your comment today Nov 2014, Rolf.
The huge amount of information, friendly language and technical throughness is impressive.
Thank you all for contributions.
Since buying my license I have been behaving like a real sponge !!!

I hope that some day I can also contribute with newcommers.
Greetings from Chile
Francisco