Timeout message to fast?

SarahWard

Banned
When I compile a small B4A program I sometimes get a timeout message asking me if I wish to abort the process. (See image.) If I say NO the process goes on to be successful.

I am using a 2ghz x dual processor laptop. Maybe this timeout is slightly too fast? I would suggest 20% more time added before the message is shown.

Attachments

• compile msg.jpg
    compile msg.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 233

SarahWard

Banned
SD-CARD step-by-step guide with B4A code

You should have a look here, post #3.

Best regards.
Thanks Klaus

I am preparing a step-by-step PDF guide with images to take someone through the process to set up and use a virtual SD-Card. I have found it complex and time consuming to make it all work and then find out how to program B4A to use it. Now I have got it all together in my mind I thought it would be useful for others who are struggling with this aspect of Android.

Once the help document is finished I will post it on this site (I will send it to Erel to peruse first though).

I thought it was necessary as I have found this whole SD-Card process long-winded and complex to understand, especially as it involves DOS command line actions, something many programmers won't have ever used unlike some of us who used to use the old MSDOS.

My sdcard help document uses your full-screen tree images from SD-Card program you kindly wrote for me. I would like your permission to use it as the demonstration application (I am going to add 'using text files' to it first). I wish to take a befuddled virtual SD-Card programmer from first principles to the final result of running B4A code using the virtual Card so i need a program source to give out with the document.

Sarah

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Sarah,
I would like your permission to use it as the demonstration application . . .
For sure you can use it, please feel free to use it or to change it at your convenience.

You could also have a look at the help in the FFTDemo program from the Fast Fourier Transform library to have another view on how to show long texts.

Best regards.

SarahWard

Banned
Hi Sarah,

For sure you can use it, please feel free to use it or to change it at your convenience.

You could also have a look at the help in the FFTDemo program from the Fast Fourier Transform library to have another view on how to show long texts.

Best regards.
Thanks Klaus

The FTT file you mention I look at is in the Android part of the forum and I am not allowed to download it. This could be because I have not yet purchased B4A as yet, and I am still using the trial version.

If you feel the FTT demo program would be useful for this B4A help project would you maybe email it to me at:

[email protected]

Thanks again,

Sarah

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
As the FFTDemo program uses the FFT Library which is not available for none registered B4Android users I can't sent it to you.

Attached a program where I removed everything and left only the help display part of it.
The program is only intendet to show what can be done and has some limitations:
- it works only in landscape mode
- the text is in the code, and it is the FFTDemo text
- there is only one layout, the standard 480*320
- the height of the internal panel is set to a fixed value

If there is a real interest the program could be improved to be more universal.

Best regards.

Attachments

• HelpScrollView.zip
    8.9 KB · Views: 238
  • HelpScrollView.jpg
    HelpScrollView.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 239