Java Question ICS notification background bug.

barx

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi guys,

Before we start, I don't think there will be an answer for this but I'm sounding you lot out as there are some very clever users aboard the community. Also, this will hopefully raise awareness for anyone else that runs into the problem.

NJDude, thedesolatesoul, vb1992 and XverhelstX need not read as they have heard this stuff to death in the chat room.

Basically, I'm writing a library that will create custom notifications. The layout of the notification is customizable. It uses xml layouts and remote views to expand them. There appears to be a bug in Android 4.0.3 ICS. It has already been raised with google. The bug means that when you create a notification using the above method, the background is shown with a light grey color much like older versions of Android.

It is documented here

Issue 23863 - android - Wrong Notification Background Color (4.0.3) - Android - An Open Handset Alliance Project - Google Project Hosting

So, that's the issue. The question is does anybody know of a decent workaround I could use. I'm currently trying to have a separate set of layouts for that version that and manually set the color to black or dark grey so at least it looks half decent and the text will be visible. Just need to figure out how. lol.

Any other thoughts welcome.

Last edited: