Font Problem ??

nm7s9

Licensed User
In the attached JPG (from the program running on the desktop) you can see that I have moved the clockface numbers a few pixels to the right.

This is so that it looks correct when running on the PPC ( the numbers go back a few pixels to the left on the PPC). Is this a font display difference between PC and PPC?

Also, is there a way to get date/time returned as UTC rather than local time?

Cheers
Nick

Attachments

• dtime.JPG
    dtime.JPG
    19.5 KB · Views: 197

nm7s9

Licensed User
Thanks Erel,

I did run the example clock but haven't yet gone through the code carefully.

I'll start using the forelayer right away. (I'm always glad of advice of how to improve my code).

Once I get UTC worked out, I'm also going to do an analogue sidereal clock and then, for something spectacularly useless, a decimal sidereal clock.

nm7s9

Licensed User
Thanks Erel

GetTimeZone works well. ( as does using the forelayer)

While timing wiping out the hands of the clock as opposed to just setting the whole forelayer clockface back to transparent, I noticed something very odd.

On the PPC (I have Mio A701 and Mio A702) the last 7 digits of ticks are always zero. This means that the PPC is only retreiving time to an accuracy of one second. This explains why my decimal clock has regular hiccups on the PPC but runs "smooth as..." on the desktop.

Is this the case on other PPcs or is it just Mio (A701 is WM5, A702 is WM6)

nm7s9

Licensed User
Thanks

I think that "Usefull Library" should be renamed "very Usefull Library".

On the Desktop the GetTickCount updates at the same frequency as does "Now", E,G 15 to 16 ms on one PC and 10 ms on another.

On the device GetTickCount undates every ms except for the first which costs 23ms on the A701 and 46ms on the a702. ( I throw away the first 2 calls just to be safe). This means that we can get a more sensitive tick count (1ms ) on the device than on the desktop (10 or 15.6ms)