Dotnet 2.0 error

rmschreuder

Licensed User
Hi,
I just started with the programm after buying it. I get errors on compiling, saying dotnet 2.0 is not installed.
I have dotnet 3.5 though.
When I tried to install dotnet 2.0 to my computer by using the downloaded dotnetfx.exe it would not do that saying:
error this product already installed (in the dutch language, I translated)

What is wrong, anybody knows?

Last edited:

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
This is something that sometimes happend...
To be sure you really have dotnet2.0 installed, go to the installed apps, in the control panel and search that list for it...
If it is there, try to repair it, using all the default values...
If that don't work, the you need to un-install it and re-install, using the links from B4Pcc website...

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I get errors on compiling, saying dotnet 2.0 is not installed.
It is probably telling you that you don't have the Compact Framework .NET 2.0 installed on your desktop computer. Without it you can't optimise compile for the device as the compiler needs to reference the device CF .NET assemblies which are different to those of the desktop. You can download it here Basic4ppc - Windows Mobile programming and Pocket PC Development or here Basic4ppc - Windows Mobile programming and Pocket PC Development

@Erel or Ariel - This requirement probably needs to be made more explicit in the documentation/FAQ!

rmschreuder

Licensed User
Yes Erel,
It is exactly telling me that! But in my configuration menu under programmes I see no Dotnet 2.0, so I cannot install it or repair it, nor uninstall.

I looked at the microsoft site and they tell us that you can have more than one version installed, so that is what i tried.

I will look into it more and report to you when i get it fixed.
Michiel:confused:

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

rmschreuder

Licensed User
Agraham you were right: I downloaded and installed Compact Framework SP2 After that I see the entry in your installed programs "Microsoft .NET Compact Framework2.0 SP2". I am able to compile device programs now!

Erel: Yes that page opened, but I probably only looked at link nr 1. I missed the difference between compact and the other framework.
And after I used NETCFSetupv2.msi (Agraham's suggestion) compilation works with no errors.

So now compilation works, only I think the installer doesn't install compact framework 2.0 on my phone correctly (the phone gives an error message) (HD touch). Have to install 2.0 by hand I guess.
So have to find the right cab file somewhere.

Thx guys!

Last edited:

rmschreuder

Licensed User
Well AGraham, I don't know exactly anymore.

What happened was that when i took my phone off the computer (USB-link) (after a looong time) the synscsoftware told me that dotnet was not installed correctly and would be installed again next time i connected. But that never happens. I had that error before, so I installed by hand using a cab-file.
It probably is an error in the phone or something (HD Touch).

But now everything is working, :sign0060::sign0060:

Thanks for thinking with me!
And Erel, I am very happy with the software!!!!!!

Mike

Last edited: