Battery info

tinmanjo

Licensed User
Im trying to write a app which shows the battery use and more precise info like voltage and current info, which library uses this?

sitajony

Licensed User
You can use the dzHardware library from DZT (available in DLL Listing) you can show the current battery statut on PPC ;)
Sorry if I don't copy the link here I've to go lol

corwin42

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Im trying to write a app which shows the battery use and more precise info like voltage and current info, which library uses this?

If you only need the current battery percent and perhaps the state of ACLine you can use dzHW.library or the systemstate library.

If you additionally need voltage, current power consumption etc. there is no (currently released ;) ) library which expands this info.

Some time ago I have written such a library for playing around with. It only works on the device (with Dummy for desktop). If you really need the info I can release this library but currently I have no time to write a help file but usage is really simple.

mjcoon

Licensed User
... Some time ago I have written such a library for playing around with. It only works on the device (with Dummy for desktop). If you really need the info I can release this library but currently I have no time to write a help file but usage is really simple.

I would be very interested in experimenting with this library, if it really gives current current information (as it were!), to see what impact the backlight, GPS etc have.

Mike.

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Play with this library but note that the information will differ between devices as it is up to the manufacturer to decide what data is implemented. Needs .NET 2.0. It is non-functional on the desktop with all data being zero.

Attachments

• PowerStatus0.9.zip
    3.5 KB · Views: 249

corwin42

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Play with this library but note that the information will differ between devices as it is up to the manufacturer to decide what data is implemented. Needs .NET 2.0. It is non-functional on the desktop with all data being zero.

Ok, this has the same functionality as my library. Andrew, are you planning to clean it up and release it? Then I won't release my library.

tinmanjo

Licensed User
If you only need the current battery percent and perhaps the state of ACLine you can use dzHW.library or the systemstate library.

If you additionally need voltage, current power consumption etc. there is no (currently released ;) ) library which expands this info.

Some time ago I have written such a library for playing around with. It only works on the device (with Dummy for desktop). If you really need the info I can release this library but currently I have no time to write a help file but usage is really simple.

With this library you have developed, will this enable you to check the status of battery info on PDA device or is it just desktop etc..

Im wanting to display details such as this windows mobile app WMMiniBattery freeware for Windows Mobile Phone., my app is a battery monitor for solar charge monitoring, on normal battery monitors this only shows Voltage and battery status, but i want to show the actual amperage (mA,mAH, and temperature etc over time, sort of like a graph plot etc for actual charge rates.

Hope this is clear.

corwin42

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
With this library you have developed, will this enable you to check the status of battery info on PDA device or is it just desktop etc..

Take a look at agrahams example. My library just has the same data as it calls the same interface function as andrews. This library will only work on device but not on all devices. It depends on the manufacturer what info the battery driver supports. I even found out that the documentation of the API-function is sometimes different from the reality.