ToDoTree Application

specci48

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all,

this little application "ToDoTree" here was inspired by an palm os program named "Progect".
Not all features of the original progect are implemented here, because of some restrictions of the treeview, e.g. the checkboxes can not be switched on and off for each node individually.

The main feature of this program is ... surprisingly organising you todo's for different aereas.
You can deal with several ToDoTrees and configure each ToDoTree differently.
Each entry of a ToDoTree has a label, an optional duedate, priority and additional note. You can add, delete, copy, paste, and move an entry/a node around the whole tree (cut, copy and paste works even between different ToDoTrees). A search function is available and also a feature called "flat view" which acts like a filter for all entries.
If the tree has a lot of sub-levels you can select any node to be viewed as an own tree to get a better overview to those low-level entries.

The .zip file also contains a file icon-description.jpg explaining the meaning of the icon bar (it's not really an icon bar but it behaves like one). A further help file is currently not available :sign0013: but I added a tutorial-tree to get a better start to this app.

I hope you like this program, showing my way to deal with the possibilities of a treeview control.
And before I forget it: I'm not sure how many bugs are left so keep on searching... ;)

specci48

Edit:
A german version of this app is available in the german subforum.

Attachments

• ToDoTree_3.3.zip
    53.5 KB · Views: 704
Last edited:

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi specci48,

Pretty nice application and good job !!!

Easy to use and well organized.

I have already compiled it and put it onto my PPC.
I am shure that it will be helpfull for many of us.

I will use in the next future, and give you some feedback.
I didn't have a close look at your source code yet, but for shure will do it. It would be very interesting to learn the use of the TreeView object which is not that easy.

Just 2 suggestions:
- Why not an international version instead of managing two separate source files for German and English?
If you are intrested in, it would be a pleasure for me to make the translation into French.
- Why not include the explanation image into the program ?

Nochmals Bravo und Beste Grüsse.

Last edited:

specci48

Licensed User
Longtime User
- Why not an international version instead of managing two separate source files for German and English?
This might be a good idea if you really want to distibute a program but if you want to keep it small and fast, these features slow down the program start and occupies more space on your device. That's very important if you have a slow and small device like mine... ;)

If you are intrested in, it would be a pleasure for me to make the translation into French.
If you want, just keep on going. I provided the source code so eveybody should be able to change it to it's own language. But as I don't speak french, I'm not able to support this in possible further versions.

- Why not include the explanation image into the program ?
See above... In my view the image is not necessary to run the program so you shouldn't force a user to install it. The solution maybe a separate html-help file which can be called directly from the program but as i already said I haven't done this yet. :sign0013:

Trotzdem Danke für die Anregungen!
specci48

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi specci48,

I have been using your program for a wile now, I still like it, use it and find it really usefull.

Just two suggestions:
- Directly incorporate the icon in the IDE, I had to choose it for the compilation.
- It would be useful that the user could choose the directory where to save the trees. For my use I changed it in the source, because I like to have the trees in a common directory for both the PPC and the desktop.

Thank's for this program and Best regards.

specci48

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Klaus,
- Directly incorporate the icon in the IDE, I had to choose it for the compilation.
I normally incoporate the icon to all my applications by default. Unfortunately the IDE looses this connection sometimes for unknown reason. Happend to me on other applications, too.

- It would be useful that the user could choose the directory where to save the trees.
Good idea but there is no (simple) folder chooser available for the device. Do you think it would be practical to set this option manually in the config file?

specci48

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
For me there would be no problem to enter the default directory manually the first time running the program. Because choosing a default directory is normally done once at the beginning and remains the same.
You can leave the default directories you have in the code and the user can modyfy those if he wants to.

Best regrads.

Simontelescopium

Licensed User
Hi, when I run this on my device (compile autoscale) HTC Touch Pro (480x800) the table with the tree in does not autoscale, so only takes up a 1/4 of the screen - is this a compiler issue rather than a code issue? I was going to edit the code to move the buttons and things based on scree size to work better with my device but not sure how to solve this problem.

Attachments

• problem.jpg
    problem.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 315

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Simontelescopium,

Are you shure that you have the latest ControlsEx library ?

I didn't remember having had problems with specci's program, so I just downloaded the soure code from the forum, optimize compiled it and it works perfectly. Attached a screenshot.

I regulary use specci's program and have a htc Touch HD version, but with the texts in french. If you are interested in, I can upload it. Attached a screenshot.

Best regards.

Attachments

• ToDoTree1.JPG
    ToDoTree1.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 294
  • ToDoTree2.JPG
    ToDoTree2.JPG
    30.4 KB · Views: 309

Simontelescopium

Licensed User
Hi I checked the controlsex, it is V1.3 which I beleive is the latest. Thanks for the offer of your complied version alas I can't speak French!

Simontelescopium

Licensed User
ah that will be the problem then. I got the 'latest' version from the updates section of the main site,I'll have a look around the forums for 1.4 tonight, thanks for your help.

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
When you optimize compile you get a message telling that the ControlsEx library has been added to the exe file. I get version 1.4.
What version of B4PPC are you using ?
Version 1.4 is the original library coming with B4PPC 6.8, version 1.4 is older.

Best regards.

Simontelescopium

Licensed User
Thanks for your patience, I un-installed B4PPC and reinstalled – its working fine now – odd think is I don’t remember making any changes to the libs prior to this problem – anyway its fixed now. Really appreciate your help.
Simon.