Pocket File Explorer Source Code

RichardW

Licensed User
Longtime User
Built on folderchooser.sbp with extras from FilesEx and Listview libraries this source code can serve as a base for more robust versions. Though it will work on desktop it is meant for the PPC. Uses the treeview to navigate folders (and files) and the listview to display file info. Comes in two modes.

Supports rename, delete, cut and copy folders and files. Even create new folders and files as well as run programs.

I have included the source and various dll in the zip. When you run the program you can follow the link to the explorer home page on my website and there download the executables for desktop and device.

New Zip File

Changes include:
- sorting both folder and files,
- immediately opening a newly loaded folder instead of requiring a click on the plus sign.

Changes / Additions to ZIP (April 13, 2009)
- Select which columns to display
- Show or Hide Hidden items
- Adds Bitwise.dll to filter files/dirs on Hidden and System attributes
- Bug fix on device

Changes / Additions to ZIP (April 23, 2009)
- This version uses AGraham's controlsexdevice.dll listview component
- Listview allows checkboxes (usefull on device) and shift click for multi-select
- large icons

Changes (April 30,2010)
- Removed dlls from zip

Compiled versions and pictures available at
myExplorer in Basic4PPC/SQLite

Attachments

• myExplorerSource.zip
    22.7 KB · Views: 295
Last edited:

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Nice app :icon_clap:
One fault is I cannot get the rename folder to work on the PPC.
Rename works fine on my Axim X30 (WM2003SE), my iPAQ214 (WM6.0) and my HTC Diamond (WM6.1) so I cannot think why it doesn't work for you :confused:

A couple of suggestions. When you click on a folder how about automatically checking if it has children and if so then open it instead of requiring a second click on the "+" symbol. Also, how about sorting the folder names in each node?

RichardW

Licensed User
Longtime User
Pocket Explorer Rename Folder

Thanks for your comments and all your DLLs. They really add value to B4PPC. I like the fact that several can be included in the compiled code.

I should have posted the error msg. I think it was something about a missing assembly. I will look into it later this week when I start on version 2.

RichardW

Licensed User
Longtime User
Pocket Explorer Folder Renaming

The folder rename problem I have on my Ipaq h2210 has to do the SD Card. Must be some limitation on renaming folders on a card.
Even using MS File Explore I cannot rename them. I get a message saying there has been a sharing violation.

I can rename folders located on the device.

RichardW

Licensed User
Longtime User
Reset device as you suggested and can now rename folders on the SD card.

Last edited:

RichardW

Licensed User
Longtime User
Updated source (Apr 13/09) available in first post.

Fixed a bug with attributes by using bitwise.dll to filter hidden and system files/dirs. Added column selection. Link to some pictures and executables.

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Nice! Well done.:sign0098:

rgds,
moster67

D

Deleted member 103

Attachments

• capture002.jpg
    capture002.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 276

RichardW

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for testing on vga and for posting the picture. I was wondering how it would display.

I have read several forum posts on how to adjust between qvga and vga and I have examined how you do it in fgexplorer. For now I am reluctant to add such a routine until I have purchased a vga device on which to test it myself.