Android Question B4A-Bridge Trying to connect, Connected, Trying to connect, Connected, ... loop

Cclaws

I've seen this issue come up in some other threads but I've yet to find the definitive solution.

I have a new install of B4A on a clean Windows laptop I bought this afternoon specifically so I could start learning B4A. When I go to connect to Bridge, B4A detects my Samsung Galaxy S9 -- I didn't have to enter the IP. But when I click on the device to start the connection, B4A shows a B4A-Bridge: Trying to connect, Connected, Trying to connect, Connected... loop.

From reading other threads about this issue: I don't have multiple instances of B4A running. I tried uninstalling B4A-Bridge and reinstalling. I tried trying to connect from B4A and then hitting Start to begin listening. I tried going into Android Developer options and turning on Wireless debugging. No luck with any of these.

Connection setup with auto-populated device:

address.
Screenshot 2024-04-29 224119.png

Status messages:
Screenshot 2024-04-29 224234.png

Screenshot 2024-04-29 224316.png

Screenshot 2024-04-29 224234.png

Screenshot 2024-04-29 224316.png

(keeps repeating)

Does anyone know the solution or have ideas?

Cclaws

I just wanted to share that Bridge started working. I cannot point to anything I did to make it work. Really weird.

If you've run into this issue, my advice is don't give up. It didn't work the first night after I tried numerous times. The next night it worked. 🤷‍♂️

Upvote 0