b4a on tablet 7" or greater

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I assumed he was referring to writing a program to run on one as there has been a query, not sure if from him, about making layouts fit large screens. Depending upon the density the device assumes for its screen there can be a layout issue on these large screen devices. Mine does report a density of 1 which means it needs a custom layout for "480 x 800 Density 1" in order to use the entire screen as a standard 800 x 480 layout assumes a density of 1.5 and doesn't fill the screen.

Upvote 0

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I assumed he was referring to writing a program to run on one as there has been a query, not sure if from him, about making layouts fit large screens. Depending upon the density the device assumes for its screen there can be a layout issue on these large screen devices. Mine does report a density of 1 which means it needs a custom layout for "480 x 800 Density 1" in order to use the entire screen as a standard 800 x 480 layout assumes a density of 1.5 and doesn't fill the screen.

Just trying to clarify, I think also that that was he meant...

Upvote 0

Cor

Licensed User
Longtime User
Writing for and running on....

using the emulator e.g 800x480 resolution

and compile from IDE into device

from what i read, android 2.2 was not made for tablets only for phones

they come up in 2011 for OS that really supports tablets.

grCor

Upvote 0

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Writing for and running on....

using the emulator e.g 800x480 resolution

and compile from IDE into device

from what i read, android 2.2 was not made for tablets only for phones

they come up in 2011 for OS that really supports tablets.

grCor

The samsung Tab, comes out with 2.1, and there are a few with 2.2, but from waht i've been reading, 2.3 is comming out, redesigned for tabs...

Upvote 0

tremara1

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have used a Hauwei s7

I have run apps I created for phones on the Hauwei s7 tablet. I have not included orientation change in my apps yet but they scale to the screen height (in landscape) and width is to scale, does not use full width of screen. Still early days I am concentrating on getting my head around code then will look more into scaling apps.

Upvote 0