B4AServer - simplifies development of enterprise in-house Android applications

ValDog

Licensed User
Longtime User
For some reason the request is not completed. Are you checking it on a real device with a valid internet connection?

Erel,

I am compiling and loading the Device program to my Nexus 7 tablet, using a USB connection, which does have a valid internet connection.

The only changes I've made to the Device program are providing a unique ServerName to be consistent with the ServerName I replaced in the Config.properties file, and changed the Sub Service_Start to Sub ServiceStart in the B4AServerService module (because of the error I got initially - described in post# 69 and your answer in post# 70).

Now, during the course of writing this post reply I happened to change Sub ServiceStart back to Sub Service_Start, recompiled (no error this time) - and now everything is working as advertised. Did I misunderstand the post# 69/70 discussions?

Also, after starting the server using Run.bat, how does one stop the server?

ValDog

Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry for the confusion. The correct text should have been (it is now fixed):
Chane the signature of Service_Start in B4AServerService to Service_Start (StartingIntent As Intent)

The server is a Java process. You can either close the command console or kill it with a task manager.

Erel, thanks for the help. As always, you provide terrific support to an incredible product!

Opa

Licensed User
Longtime User
Has anybody out there managed to get the Desktop Server work in Windows 7? please help me out. Am able to get the devices successfully send their http requests to the server and have the MySQL Table appropriately updated as shown below:

View attachment 20425

The logs are exactly as shown in post #86. What am I doing wrong??
@ B4A Enthusiast and others
My PC has Window7 64 bits. The B4aServer trial was direct ok. However after incorporating the same code in another large project, nothing seems to function, until I realised that the Project option 'Do Not Overwrite ManifestFile' was accidentally checked. After unchecking: ok ! Afterwards the option may be checked again, the xml code in the subdir \Objects has probably been taken over. However I will not check it again... Hope this could help others also, to not lose their enthusiasm for this wonderfull and powerfull masterpiece.

driesvp

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

Did some experiments with B4A-server:
- b4a-server (java) is running on 192.168.1.68
- tested my php-server: working

But when connecting I receive this error in Basic4Android:
Error connecting: org.apache.http.conn.HttpHostConnectException: Connection to http://192.168.1.68 refused

Any idea what causes this problem?

GMan

Licensed User
Longtime User
On my environment (Vista 64bit) the same happens like above:
the apache server is running,the b4aerver run.bat is running, but when running the app the following lis written to the log:
LogCat connected to: 192.168.1.98:5555
--------- beginning of /dev/log/system

--------- beginning of /dev/log/main

** Service (b4aserverservice) Start **

Server not connected. Calling board web service.

Http success. Waiting for server to connect...

Connected = false

Task=2 completed. Success=false, Message=Task cancelled

GMan

Licensed User
Longtime User
Done

hears

Licensed User
Longtime User
b4aserver...... from where can down load it ??

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User