B4i (iOS) - Updates thread

Mitchboo

Licensed User
Longtime User
64-bit and iOS 8 Requirements for New Apps
October 20, 2014
Starting February 1, 2015, new iOS apps uploaded to the App Store must include 64-bit support and be built with the iOS 8 SDK, included in Xcode 6 or later. To enable 64-bit in your project, we recommend using the default Xcode build setting of “Standard architectures” to build a single binary with both 32-bit and 64-bit code.

https://developer.apple.com/news/?id=10202014a

Osi

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you for the info. It would suck to have b4iout only to be rejected all the time for app store submissions ;)

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The current version of B4i works with Xcode 6 and iOS 8 SDK. It creates 32bit applications. However it won't be too complicated to add the 64bit architecture.
It is not too complicated.. just complicated :)
Question:
I opened an account for the 100 direct installations without uploading to the store and paid the $100 yearly fee for that.. do I still need to also support 64bit even of my limited client's iPhones all run 32bit system?

LWGShane

Licensed User
Longtime User
It is not too complicated.. just complicated :)
Question:
I opened an account for the 100 direct installations without uploading to the store and paid the $100 yearly fee for that.. do I still need to also support 64bit even of my limited client's iPhones all run 32bit system?

Apple said:
Starting February 1, 2015, new iOS apps uploaded to the App Store must include 64-bit support and be built with the iOS 8 SDK, included in Xcode 6 or later. To enable 64-bit in your project, we recommend using the default Xcode build setting of “Standard architectures” to build a single binary with both 32-bit and 64-bit code.

Ad-hoc apps aren't effected by this requirement. (Ad-hoc is what you're wanting to do)

abhishek007p

Licensed User
Longtime User
Can i use a iPod Touch instead of iPhone for developing B4i Apps ? iPod Touch are less expensive than iPhones and they have the same OS excluding the Phone part.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
i have just purchased the yearly license but it says it can take up to 2 working days, why???
i want to make today an b4i app!!!

what can i do erel?

D

Deleted member 103

Hi,

I have my Apple account and I paid only $80. :)

@Erel
I want to be a beta tester, you can send me the link?

Attachments

• Apple-Developer.PNG
    Apple-Developer.PNG
    30 KB · Views: 256

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
i have just purchased the yearly license but it says it can take up to 2 working days, why???
i want to make today an b4i app!!!

what can i do erel?

I don't think Erel can help you ;)

You just need to wait. For some people it can take up to 8-10 days, for others only 3 hours (like me - I guess I was lucky). In certain countries there are administrative procedure which can delay things. Just be patient!