Ease Of Layout Design

RichardN

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm working on an app with a single layout that gets scaled for different variants. Each functional page of the app has several views that are parented by their own panel. When I am finished designing each panel I set the desired panel.visible=false so I can later make this panel and it's child views visible in code when I need it. All this seems fairly standard practice.

Unfortunately at the design stage, when you set a panel visibility to false the child views of this panel remain visible in both the Abstract Designer view and a debug device. This makes working on another panel and new views very difficult indeed. It is possible to set a top or left property off screen but if you have already written the scaling script for the first panel/views then this makes life very complicated.... especially as there is no facility to 'block comment' out lines in the scaling script.

Maybe I am doing something fundamentally wrong here and somebody could suggest a better workflow method ?

Maybe it would be easier at design-time to have all views become invisible when their parent panel visibility is set to false ???

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I use one layout file for each Panel and load them in Activity_Create.
Another way, as you mentioned, is to set the Top and/or Left property to a value out of the screen but then set the Top and/or Left properties to their correct value in the DesignerScript.
You could also move the panels to the side and 'play' with BringToFront and SendToBack.
Anyway I prefer the first one.

Best regards,

Upvote 0