Android Question eSpeak (text to speech) for most of language (persian,arabic ,......)

mhk1368

hi
I've examined various libraries, which usually face difficulties in handling multiple languages and typically lack support for Persian and Arabic. However, eSpeak has the capability to support various languages and there is also code available for Android to convert text to speech. Additionally, it works offline. My issue is that I don't know how to use it for B4A. Can anyone provide guidance or have a method to become familiar with using this library?

source espeak link

eSpeak NG supports 127 languages

MicroDrie

Licensed User
hi
There is no one! who can turn this into b4a? Or can someone help me to do it myself?
eSpeak NG is not a Java program, so creating a "simple" wrapper is not possible. There is an Android program and a Java program for eSpeak, but in the latter case eSpeak must already be installed.

Upvote 0

MicroDrie

Licensed User
The trend in TTS is increasingly leaning towards a on-line paid solution with AI. It will be difficult to find an open-source solution with a wide range of and/or the possibility of adding voices in different languages and recently written in Java.

Due to the dated open-source software and the large number of changes in the Android OS, once you have found something acceptable in Java code, you will still have to work hard to adapt the TTS software to the current Android security rules for all obsolete software Android components.

Then it is also true that the quality of the open-source voices does not always sound fantastic, which makes a good end result questionable. So its very hard to get a good result.

Upvote 0

mhk1368

The trend in TTS is increasingly leaning towards a on-line paid solution with AI. It will be difficult to find an open-source solution with a wide range of and/or the possibility of adding voices in different languages and recently written in Java.

Due to the dated open-source software and the large number of changes in the Android OS, once you have found something acceptable in Java code, you will still have to work hard to adapt the TTS software to the current Android security rules for all obsolete software Android components.

Then it is also true that the quality of the open-source voices does not always sound fantastic, which makes a good end result questionable. So its very hard to get a good result.
This directory contains examples for the JAVA API of sherpa-onnx. Converting the link below is enough, isn't it possible?
SherpaOnnxTtsEngine
or
SherpaOnnxTts

Upvote 0

MicroDrie

Licensed User
This directory contains examples for the JAVA API of sherpa-onnx. Converting the link below is enough, isn't it possible?
SherpaOnnxTtsEngine
or
SherpaOnnxTts
The subdirectory name is Java, but if you look deeper into the subdirectories you will see that it is Kotlin and not Java source. It is now possible to convert Kotlin source code to Java source. But that's not it yet, because the conversion of the original Linux source code to Android took place using Android Studio and not in as pure Java environment.

Converting Android Studio source code to pure Java source code is quite something. I won't say it can't be done, but that's way over my head and I can't help you with that.

Upvote 0