Other Guides for beginner

Stichler

Licensed User
Hello,

I read and completed the beginning guide, but it did not cover much. I am aware of the tutorials page, and i apologize if this is posted in wrong section, but I am unable to find what i seek. I learned VB years ago with a Sams Teach Yourself book. Is there anything similar to that available? Again sorry if posted in wrong place, and thankyou for making a great product!

Matt

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

Stichler

Licensed User
Im looking for a step by step guide to cover as much as possible. Im sorry i should have been clearer. Something in the style of Sams Teach Yourself, or a For Dummies kind of book.

Upvote 0

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry, but you didn't answer my question:
Did you have a look at the B4X Booklets?

So again, did you have a look at these B4X Booklets.

Im looking for a step by step guide to cover as much as possible.
That's very vague, what did you miss?
For example, the GettingStarted booklet includes a project, for beginners, to show step by step the essential.
And other projects are expalined in the other booklets.
Again, what are you missing, so I could add it in the booklets.

Upvote 0

Stichler

Licensed User
I have checked the booklet section. Its not that i cant find information, its that i cant find the information presented in a way that i would like. I have to search for a new tutorial everytime i want to learn something new, which is fine, but id rather have access to a book with an index and such. The book suggested earlier is probably going to be my best option. If youve ever picked up a Sams Teach Yourself book, thats what im essentially looking for. Sorry if i made this more complicated for you than it needed to be

Upvote 0

Stichler

Licensed User
Klaus,

I hope you didnt take offense. Your documentation is great, i didnt mean that it was not, and I thank you for it. You said you were always open to suggestions, so ill throw one out. Tie them together in a learn in 24 hours method, that covers the basics in one book? Again please do not think I meant to knock your work, im grateful for it.

Upvote 0

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I hope you didnt take offense.
Oh no, not at all.
There was at first a B4A Beginner's Guide, which became huge.
I splitted it into a Beginner's Guide and a User's Guide.
The latest Beginner's Guide had 390 pages and the User's Gide 209.
Then came B4i, B4J and B4R, and a Beginner's Guide for each.
As these products are very similar there was mach redundant content.
I changed then my mind and began to write the B4X Booklets covering all products.
I consider these as tomes, Getting Started, IDE, Basic Languge, Visual Designer.
Writing one book covering the whole subject would, in my mind, be too big and less efficient.

There exist a commercial B4A Book written by Wyken Seagrave as alrady suggested in post #2.

Last edited:
Upvote 0